• ...and so much more!
  • cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    I'd be interested to see your checklist of who is guilty of these logical fallacies. I can think of one individual who should have multiple check-marks in each.

No you wouldn't, methinks. Did you think I meant you?

French Indian War, anyone?

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    My whole point here is the OP started this thread with an article from a questionable web site. Period.
    That ends it for me. I won't read arguments and so called facts that come from such sites.

Find better sources. Duh :rolleyes:

Your sources are not reliable and are racist. You already know this because you keep using them and defend their validity.

Then don't read it. Why are you here discussing an article that you refuse to read?

Henry

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2014
    Athome
    :horse:

It should be pretty tender by now. This thread's been going on for ages...

At some point, the thread may even get around to the topic in the OP. That is, the recasting of that murderous scum blue belly son of a ***** Sherman as some sort of hero in much the same way the tyrannical bastard Lincoln has been recast as a defender of freedom by statists over the past several decades.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2014/11/1...revised-view-of-shermans-march.html?referrer=

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Between the rock and that hardplace
    At some point, the thread may even get around to the topic in the OP. That is, the recasting of that murderous scum blue belly son of a ***** Sherman as some sort of hero in much the same way the tyrannical bastard Lincoln has been recast as a defender of freedom by statists over the past several decades.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2014/11/1...revised-view-of-shermans-march.html?referrer=

I'm curious, who has cast Sherman as a hero? Who has cast Lincoln as a defender of freedom? I've read every post and can't find a single one.:dunno:

All that aside, why does it concern you personally if Sherman was an SOB, and why does it matter to you personally if Lincoln was a tyrannical bastard? What possible effect could that have on your day to day life? What is it that you cannot do or are denied in your life IF they were as you describe? How would your life be better if Lincoln had allowed the south to leave the Union? What additional freedoms would you be enjoying if that is how it had played out?

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    I'm curious, who has cast Sherman as a hero? Who has cast Lincoln as a defender of freedom? I've read every post and can't find a single one.:dunno:

All that aside, why does it concern you personally if Sherman was an SOB, and why does it matter to you personally if Lincoln was a tyrannical bastard? What possible effect could that have on your day to day life? What is it that you cannot do or are denied in your life IF they were as you describe? How would your life be better if Lincoln had allowed the south to leave the Union? What additional freedoms would you be enjoying if that is how it had played out?

History matters. Feel free to disagree.

The abuse of state sovereignty continues today. Glorifying Lincoln and the civil war justifies these abuses.

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Between the rock and that hardplace
    History matters. Feel free to disagree.

The abuse of state sovereignty continues today. Glorifying Lincoln and the civil war justifies these abuses.

I agree history matters but, that doesn't answer any of my questions. If you, me or anyone else walked out their door TODAY exactly what would be different as far as freedom? Again, exactly what is it we cannot do or are denied if Sherman was an SOB and Lincoln was a tyrannical bastard?

If we all agreed these two people were what some believe, what would be different TODAY? To me all this is just an exercise in futility.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I agree history matters but, that doesn't answer any of my questions. If you, me or anyone else walked out their door TODAY exactly what would be different as far as freedom? Again, exactly what is it we cannot do or are denied if Sherman was an SOB and Lincoln was a tyrannical bastard?

If we all agreed these two people were what some believe, what would be different TODAY? To me all this is just an exercise in futility.
    You cannot buy the health insurance you want, for one.

That's not all due to Lincoln and Sherman by any means. I think what Steve and them are saying is the sovereignty of the individual states has never been the same since then. If they were, things like ObamaCare would likely never seen the light of day outside of Massachusetts.

Top Bottom