On our way to being recognized by almost all states!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ghostpoint

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Spent most of my day at "work" watching the live coverage on C-SPAN while they were debating and trying to introduce some of the amendments. I nearly gave up after hearing some of the bs the opposition was spouting off with trying to defeat HR822. Glad to see it was passed but its going to have a tough time in the Senate that's for sure.

caverjamie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    Dubois Co.
    Spent most of my day at "work" watching the live coverage on C-SPAN while they were debating and trying to introduce some of the amendments. I nearly gave up after hearing some of the bs the opposition was spouting off with trying to defeat HR822. Glad to see it was passed but its going to have a tough time in the Senate that's for sure.

I watched it as soon as I got home after 3pm. I know what you're saying! Can you believe Rep. Lee Jackson with that stupid poster of a kid getting immunized?? I could not figure out how she was trying to associate that with concealed carry reciprocity, she made no sense. I wish I could walk up there and grab that stupid poster and say "Really, what the heck is this??" then walk off with with it.

There were a couple of people for the bill that could have done better though too. The guy from South Carolina, I can't remember his name, had a hard time justifying how this was not an infringement on states rights when challenged by the other side - maybe because it is?? The rep from Washington state was also questioned about his study amendment (that passed) the rep from Michigan thought it should be done before the bill should be allowed to be voted on. Anyways that's the main stuff I remember.

I can see how blood pressure and tension could rise pretty high if I was one of these people, I would get so angry at some of the nutballs.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    The guy from South Carolina, I can't remember his name, had a hard time justifying how this was not an infringement on states rights when challenged by the other side - maybe because it is??

Because of what South Carolina did many years ago.

States have no rights. States have a duty to follow the Constitution.

The Fourteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution

Section 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws. Section 2. Representatives shall be apportioned among the several States according to their respective numbers, counting the whole number of persons in each State, excluding Indians not taxed. But when the right to vote at any election for the choice of electors for President and Vice President of the United States, Representatives in Congress, the Executive and Judicial officers of a State, or the members of the Legislature thereof, is denied to any of the male inhabitants of such State, being twenty-one years of age, and citizens of the United States, or in any way abridged, except for participation in rebellion, or other crime, the basis of representation therein shall be reduced in the proportion which the number of such male citizens shall bear to the whole number of male citizens twenty-one years of age in such State.
    Section 3. No person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any State, who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any State legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any State, to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof. But Congress may, by a vote of two-thirds of each House, remove such disability.
    Section 4. The validity of the public debt of the United States, authorized by law, including debts incurred for payment of pensions and bounties for services in suppressing insurrection or rebellion, shall not be questioned. But neither the United States nor any State shall assume or pay any debt or obligation incurred in aid of insurrection or rebellion against the United States, or any claim for the loss or emancipation of any slave; but all such debts, obligations and claims shall be held illegal and void.
    Section 5. The Congress shall have power to enforce, by appropriate legislation, the provisions of this article.

squirrelhntr

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 10, 2010
    n.w. indiana
    Because of what South Carolina did many years ago.

States have no rights. States have a duty to follow the Constitution.

The Fourteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution

Section 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws. Section 2. Representatives shall be apportioned among the several States according to their respective numbers, counting the whole number of persons in each State, excluding Indians not taxed. But when the right to vote at any election for the choice of electors for President and Vice President of the United States, Representatives in Congress, the Executive and Judicial officers of a State, or the members of the Legislature thereof, is denied to any of the male inhabitants of such State, being twenty-one years of age, and citizens of the United States, or in any way abridged, except for participation in rebellion, or other crime, the basis of representation therein shall be reduced in the proportion which the number of such male citizens shall bear to the whole number of male citizens twenty-one years of age in such State.
    Section 3. No person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any State, who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any State legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any State, to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof. But Congress may, by a vote of two-thirds of each House, remove such disability.
    Section 4. The validity of the public debt of the United States, authorized by law, including debts incurred for payment of pensions and bounties for services in suppressing insurrection or rebellion, shall not be questioned. But neither the United States nor any State shall assume or pay any debt or obligation incurred in aid of insurrection or rebellion against the United States, or any claim for the loss or emancipation of any slave; but all such debts, obligations and claims shall be held illegal and void.
    Section 5. The Congress shall have power to enforce, by appropriate legislation, the provisions of this article.
    :+1: My rights and privileges stated in the Federal 2nd amendment as a resident of Indiana shall not be abridged by Indianapolis. ABRIDGE. transitive verb. 1. a archaic: deprive b: to reduce in scope: diminish < attempts to ABRIDGE the right of free speech>

NIFT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    Won't get past the Democrat controlled Senate.

True
    Even if it did, you-know-who would veto it, which is why I hope it passes the Senate so there will be no doubt in 2012 where you-know-who stands on gun control. His false flags and shill organizations won't work in the next election. Many who wanted to be deceived were fooled once. Most will not be fooled again.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Won't get past the Democrat controlled Senate.

Would that be the same Democrat-controlled Senate that passed it a couple of years ago? Harry Reid, the Democrat president pro-tem of the Senate, is more pro- than anti-2A. (Not that I support him, just saying that he has been more a friend than an enemy for us. When this came up last time, we played hell getting Nazi Pelosi to bring it to the House and she only did so after ensuring that it would fail by just a few votes.)

Given the amendments that have been attached, I'm not going to be disappointed if this does fail. The bills enemies managed to attach a load of crap to it that makes it useless. Kill it, and try again sometime in the future and keep the enemy away from it.

(Scroll down to get a look at the horrid amendments).

H.R. 822: National Right-to-Carry Reciprocity Act of 2011 - Legislative Digest - GOP.gov

Only Amendment #10 passed, MrJarrell.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I subscribed for more of Kirks Homespun Humor....

Strange, I have subscribers but no newsletter. Actually if I did have a newsletter it would be 8 pages of rhino mockery.

homespun Butternuts

I thought we agreed, no more making fun of Tippecanoe County.:laugh:

Did anyone else catch MAIG response to 822? It reminded me of when the Brady Bunch lost their minds over allowing the cops to carry across state lines.

H.R. 218 HCI Public Attack

Pete

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 21, 2011
    I have already written Dick Lugar urging his support of this legislation in the Senate & suggesting my support of his re-election will hinge upon his support of PRO 2A legislation.

We ALL need to write him so he knows there are we CARE what he does in his representation of us.

His re-election may be vulnerable enough for him to listen.

Top Bottom