• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ggglobert9

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 6, 2009
    Ft Wayne
    I was at the Midwest Gun Traders show at the Allen Co. Fairgrounds on Sunday when all of the sudden a loud bang ie gunshot went off...then a puff of insulation fell from the ceiling. Everyone was startled, nobody was injured. The shot came from a particular display table but nobody claimed to have known what happened? Seems like when there is a shooting with hundreds of bystanders/witnesses but "nobody knows nuthin". Anyway the local deputy on duty was investigating.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Hey! :stickpoke:
    Do YOU knowe where that shot came from?
    Me? :dunno: I deent heer no steenkeen shot!

C'mon, guys!!
    :rules:
    What happened to the four rules?!?
    :facepalm:
    How many times do we have to have it pounded into our heads??
    :bat:
    Gaaaaah!
    :wallbash:

Ok, enough of me and my :soapbox:

:ranton:

Rant off...

Eprobertson1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    Lawrence - Northeast
    What an idiot. This kind of accidental (no as someone else once stated - neglegent) shooting is what fuels the anti-gun morons.:xmad:
    We need to be more careful and hope that media doen't get ahold of this kind of information.
    You can read it now - Hot off the anti-gun press -A dumb :poop: shoots hole in ceiling of room filled with hundreds of bystanders and admits that he didn't do it or atleast he doesn't think he know about it. This is why no one should own guns!

mospeada

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Bloomington
    The person who rented that table should be shut down if they can't keep their firearms under control. I bet they'd talk about who it was if they're gonna lose business.

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    Unbelievable!

I got there around 2:30 or so. About 1/2 hour or after the shot. I knew something was up because the deputies there were moving around in a group from table to table. I just figured it was a missing item off a table or something. I asked one dealer what was up. He told me that some idiot put a bullet in the ceiling. But no one knew who did and it was likley a .22. I didn;t ask him how he knew the caliber.....but he was far away from the hole in the ceiling. Oh and the show was very lame. A lot of junk and overpriced ammo. Althouhg I did get a few new 10/22 factory mags for $13 each. Cheaper than Gander at least...

Fergy35

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NE Corner of our gre
    I was there when that happened. Scared the crap out of me. I had just walked by and was a little ways down the aisle from where it seemed to have come from. I couldn't believe no one claimed to know what happened. Irresponsible dumb a**es. Seems like someone has never heard of the four rules.

It did sound like it was probably a 22, but who knows. Someone claimed it was just a primer. OK so what set it off?

Talk about hearing a pin drop. Right after it happened - dead silence.

Thank God no one was hurt.

TheGhostRider

Watching from a distance…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    There have been a number of discharges at gunshows that are the direct result of anti gunners.

They slip in to the show, ask to see a gun... usually at a very crowded table... skillfully chamber a round and wait.
    Theres always some dumb *** that walks up and pulls the trigger... always!

This helps the anti's cause.

762minigun

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indianapolis SS BG
    There was a rash of ND's at the 1500 a few years ago too. The glock armorer dude, using live ammo to do a function check and the old vintage gun dude left a loaded chamber in a display pistol. Both dudes same weekend.

Top Bottom