• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Anschutz is popular too. You can look at the rifles and most of them will have the brand in huge letters because all of the athletes (at least most) are sponsored out the wazoo and exposure is everything!

I think the action on their rifles is really, really cool. It's kind of like a manually operated self-loader. For those who have not seen them, they have a bolt with a fixed racker on it. After they fire a shot, they pull the bolt to the rear (ejecting the empty brass) and let it fall forward under spring pressure (which loads the next round). That's about as efficient as it gets for a manually operated action.

We've talked about doing a summer time Biathlon at RileyCC with running instead of skiing and a bit more leniency on the rifle action. To make it more accessible, we were also considering allowing teams where one person would do the running and his partner would do the shooting (different division of course!).

It would be tougher to do an informal event with the classic winter biathlon around here because our snow situation is not predictable or dependable, and not many people around here X-country ski.

But the sport is very, very cool. I just hope they never lose sight of the military origins of their event!

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    ... We've talked about doing a summer time Biathlon at RileyCC with running instead of skiing and a bit more leniency on the rifle action. To make it more accessible, we were also considering allowing teams where one person would do the running and his partner would do the shooting (different division of course!).

It would be tougher to do an informal event with the classic winter biathlon around here because our snow situation is not predictable or dependable, and not many people around here X-country ski.

But the sport is very, very cool. I just hope they never lose sight of the military origins of their event!

What about Mountain Bikes? I sure come to something like that.

Buckaroo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    NWI
    Horseback would be the way to go! Cowboy style! :chuck:

(Not that Chuck is a real cowboy but it was the only smilie that seemed close.)

Buckaroo

Top Bottom