• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Does anyone have any experience with the reproduction companies like Uberti or Cimarron? I love old westerns and I think it would be pretty cool to shoot one of these single actions in .45 LC. What other makers are there out there? What are your opinions on quality and function?

dwh79

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    Wanamaker/ Acton
    I have a uberti cattleman with 4.75" barrel. It is not bad it looks okay and goes bang. It obviously is not a colt but not bad. US Firearms and Colt make some nice ones still but if you just want one to go bang and shoot a little bit then the Uberti is proficient.

Hondo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I have no experience with those but I have a Ruger Vaquero in 45 lc that is reasonably priced, good replica and a great shooter.

Indycar

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Birthplace of Steve McQueen
    I have an Uberti Cattleman. It's a Colt SAA clone. It is a.45 LC and has a 7-1/2" blued barrel with casehardened frame. It has been 100% reliable. I bought if 15 years ago for $150 used at Shoe's Gunrack when he was west of 465 on 10th st.

If I had to do it again, I'd buy a 4-5/8" barrel model and have considered doing so and still keeping the 7-1/2"

I nicknamed it "Marshall Dillon" as it is a copy of what he used on "Gunsmoke"

Bisley Man

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Whitestown
    Last year at Wilber Wright I met a gentleman who had a Bereta Stampede, a Colt clone. Bereta owns Uberti now I think. That was one of the finest S.A. revolvers I've handled, near zero cylinder play, excellent fit and finish and superb trigger. I shot a 3"5rd group with it,off hand,the owner of it about the same,except higher poi for him. Of course it was brand new (my 642 was tight until100rds of +P). He said it was around $600

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    I have a ruger new vaquero chambered in 45 long colt and about 150-200 rounds of ammo/ and reloading dies that i will sell you for 525
    450 if you dont want the ammo. but its only up for sale for a very short time as i am needing the cash to purchase a milling machine.

comes w/ original box/paperwork

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I have a ruger new vaquero chambered in 45 long colt and about 150-200 rounds of ammo/ and reloading dies that i will sell you for 525
    450 if you dont want the ammo. but its only up for sale for a very short time as i am needing the cash to purchase a milling machine.

comes w/ original box/paperwork

If I had the money right now I'd do it, but I owe the government some money here soon. Hopefully this summer I'll be getting a SAA!

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    If I had the money right now I'd do it, but I owe the government some money here soon. Hopefully this summer I'll be getting a SAA!

awesome... i dont want to put the gun in the classifieds, because quite honestly i dont want to sell it, nor do the paperwork to sell it, but i sort of need the cash.... oh well... wait just a couple more weeks and ill be G2G

Mossmug

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Greene County
    Buy a new model Ruger.

They are better ( in my opinion ) that the foriegn guns .Vaquero if you want the old west look or new model blackhawks if you want adjustible sights .:ingo:

mospeada

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Bloomington
    Uberti, EMF, Navy Arms, Cimmaron are all basically the same gun. Uberti makes them and the other companies will massage them a bit, but their still basically Uberti. IMO, it is worth buying one of the other brands as some of the stuff make the guns feel and work better. Navy Arms is my favorite, their guns look the best to me.

Beretta is manufacturing the Stampede and they have good initial quality, but you have to stay on top of the screws as they work loose with lots of shooting.

Ruger makes the Vaqueros, if you're gonna shoot the **** out of it, get a Ruger.

Colt makes a very fine SAA (duh).

USFA makes probably the highest quality SAA out there and they're priced accordingly.

STI makes the Texican, I've handled one and they're certainly tight and well made, but they don't have a soul.

That's about all I can think of off the top of my head, there are more manufacturers, but seriously, this list will cover pretty much all of the differences in them.

confused89

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 31, 2009
    IN
    I got a ruger new vaquero in stainless steel and new model blackhawk in standard blued finish. I like them both a lot. I prefer the vaqeuro over the blackhawk, it just looks cleaner without the adjustable sights.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom