• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhart

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2009
    Avon
    SO Im trying to get back into reloading after 20 plus years.

I just found two old presses in my attic and have no idea what they are. I think I took partial trade for a bird dog years ago for this box of "junk"

One is a Dillon, looks like it has four stages. It came with 9mm dies. How do I fiqure out what I have and most importantly, what I can use it for. I want to reload some 44 mag and 445 sup mag, and maybe later some rifle bullets. I tried Dillon but they are very busy.

Also, I have a RCBS old as heck. Looks like its set up to resize. Could it be used as a complete reloader with the proper dies or do I remember them making just presses for resizing.
    Yes, I am ignorant
    Thats why I am posting here.
    Thanks for your help
    ron:dunno:

Last edited:

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    You more than likely have a 550 call dillon and they will probably send you the parts to upgrade it to a 550B for free, not sure what all those are though.

could also be a 450 but i am guessings its the 5 series

if you would like you can bring them down to me, and we will give them a good cleaning and throurough check and make sure everything is good to go.

and yes, your RCBS single stage can be set up to do every step of the reloading process.

mongo404

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Frankfort
    One question I have is. Is it auto indexing or do you have to move the shell plate manually? If it is auto you may have a square deal B being it has only 4 stations.

Daniel

SPORT

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    ANYONE HAVE A USED DILLON XL650 IM INTERESTED IN PICKING ONE UP, I SAW ONE SOMEWHERE HERE BEFORE BUT CANNOT RESPOND TO THE PERSON SELLING IT, ANY HELP WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED, THANKS IN ADVANCE

ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    ANYONE HAVE A USED DILLON XL650 IM INTERESTED IN PICKING ONE UP, I SAW ONE SOMEWHERE HERE BEFORE BUT CANNOT RESPOND TO THE PERSON SELLING IT, ANY HELP WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED, THANKS IN ADVANCE

Try the FAQS, and/or become a site supporter. :ingo:

Top Bottom