• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Turn Key

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I'm tired of paying $.22+ cents a round for practice 9mm ammo and have decided to buy the equipment needed to reload my own brass.

I will be a total ''NooB'' at this so I'm counting on my INGO brothers and sisters too lead me down the right path...

First of all, I want to only do 9mm and have been saving my brass for the past 6 months. I've been told the equipment that is needed will be a "Dillon" ASB Press (sp), and I'll need a tumbler and a decent scale.

If your a re-loader, please reply with your best advice for me.

Thanks in advance!

TK

rayf268

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2010
    ft wayne
    I haven't started to reload yet but have been reading and looking at equipment so with that in mind. I don't think if the cost is your main reason for reloading that you need to buy the most expencive equip. at first there is good products from lee. if you want to load just 9mm there is the lee pro1000 it can be had for $160. there is a forum jst for lee loadmaster and pro1000 owners for support. Now I am a cheap butt so thats why I am focsused on lee equip.

l c gun guy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    Lee ant bad but my dillion was worth every penny. The powder despencer on the dillion is far bettet and so is the primer despencer. (U get what u pay 4)

rayf268

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2010
    ft wayne
    I don't mean to say that anyone should or shouldn't get a Dillon just that if a person is looking at cost as the main factor then a Dillon might be unrealistic when you factor in changing calibers and working up loads.

jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Dillon Square B
    Dillion Tumbler
    Digital scale
    extra primer tubes
    primer flip tray

I have a 550 and a Square B. The Square is easy to load on, faster also.
    It is easy to set up too

Go See Bob Trueblood in Seymour at Bite the Bullet, he can set up and you won't have to pay shipping.

sam1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    trouble w me is I take the money I save on reloading and buy more components for more reloading sometimes a lot more,but I have alot more fun shooting ,saving money argument worked well w the wife when I bought my set up

Top Bottom