• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    Ok, I have always CC'ed and have never given much thought to OC'ing, until I started reading some of the posts on this forum. With that being said, I do not have any problem with people who choose to OC. I OC at work and do not have a choice in the matter. At work, it is the shared thought that CC is usually a better option, when you are not working, "because it gives you the element of surprise".

I would like to hear some input from those who OC either all of the time or just everynow and then, on what they feel the advantages are.

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    search "open carry" or "OC" in the advanced search field as thread titles. ;)

Searched "OC" and came up with nothing.... Then searched "open carry" and WOW... Sorry guys!

Looks like people have gone there......... over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again....

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Searched "OC" and came up with nothing.... Then searched "open carry" and WOW... Sorry guys!

Looks like people have gone there......... over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again....

Don't, for the love of Pete say you are sorry!!!!

:laugh:

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Comfort. Not worrying about concealing makes for a cooler and less constricting wardrobe.

Speed. It's faster to deploy if needed.

Deterrence. Most criminals will pick easier targets, never knowing if the armed person they see is the only one around.

Education. It's good for people to see normal folks exercising their rights.

Political statement. It does no harm for the powers that be to see at least a few armed citizens, and wonder how many more are around.

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    I will humor the thread since I am the kind that would much rather take new (repeated) input in my own thread than read archives. On the other hand, I still try to avoid the ones that are truly beat to death.

Anyways, I OC for comfort and convenience. I am out of the house for work for 11 hours a day (long commute included). Since I dont carry at work, and I am rarely in the mood to do much after, it is easier to just slip on a Fobus when I get in the car. On the weekends I normally OC because that is what I am used to now. I do like the political statement that goes with it, but that is by far not my primary reason.

Happyguy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2010
    I carry both ways depending on the circumstances.

As for "tactical surprise", you have to decide if it is worth the increased time it takes to deploy your pistol.

I generally prefer to be the person that nobody can remember. YMMV

Happyguy

cornfused

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 15, 2010
    out east
    Comfort. Not worrying about concealing makes for a cooler and less constricting wardrobe.

Deterrence. Most criminals will pick easier targets, never knowing if the armed person they see is the only one around.

Political statement. It does no harm for the powers that be to see at least a few armed citizens, and wonder how many more are around.

:+1:

I carry both ways, it all depends on the situation.

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    For the same reason the United States didn't conceal roughly how many nuclear bombs we had during the cold war.

If the enemy knows you have enough firepower to decimate him, he may no longer be your enemy.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana

I carry both ways, it all depends on the situation.

These are excellent reasons. For me, MOST of the time I CC. When I OC, it's for convenience. It's much easier for me to OC during the week, back and forth to work. I carry my Fobus paddle, so I can quickly remove it and hide it in my toolbox, and I can quickly put it back on as I'm leaving work.
    I've tried with my MTAC, and it's rather difficult. Weekends, I always CC.

Top Bottom