Oil disaster still unfolding slowly in the Gulf of Mexico (pics)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ISHOOTHST'S

Master
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    Iyaf
    More at the link...

Disaster unfolds slowly in the Gulf of Mexico - The Big Picture - Boston.com

How can something this massive be sucessfully cleaned up... :dunno:

This sucks for the animals and the overall southern environment

o01_23334333.jpg

o03_23310855.jpg

o06_23298053.jpg

o09_23315377.jpg

o10_23334109.jpg

o11_23322571.jpg

o13_23306983.jpg

o17_23286387.jpg

o18_23346175.jpg

o23_23313163.jpg

o27_23289185.jpg

o31_23303705.jpg

o35_23346691.jpg

o33_6070s070.jpg

DHolder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Mooresville - MSG2 Hub
    Maybe I'm wrong but... do oil companies have "insurance" for this kind of accident? If they do, then raise the price of oil to the consumer, would they not be guilty of "double dipping"? Granted the amount of oil wasted is huge, I'm saying if they use this as an excuse to raise gas prices, yet are being compensated by an insurance company. What do you think?

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    There was a Purdue professor that wrote a text book on how to figure fluid flow and he said that it is more like 70,000 barrels a day............

Regardless the opening skit on SNL last night was halarious......

Last edited:

furbymac

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    noblesville
    the issue is they keep trying to find a way to cap it in a way they can still pump oil from it. i think they need to focus on stopping it before worrying about still collecting from it

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    I saw a expert..?... who said oil seeps into the ocean from the ocean floor. Seems he said it was a huge amount every year, but that the ocean vastness is able to absorb it.....on another note which I have NO proof....How is it that this is the first time this happened...?....Doesn't this just feed into what Obama wants, which would be to paint oil producers as bad guys...? To push forward with cap an trade....? BP payed millions to support Obama, an even of they pay for the clean up, if cap an trade is passed they have invested millions into that...an have heard some say they will make even more money this way.....?......If I hear that this was done on purpose for gain an more power I would believe it....Never let a crisis go to waste, ....maybe if you get tired of waiting you can always create one...then ignore the problem for 9 days an then lie an say you were on it from day one, cbs,abc an nbc will report that an 48% of the public who are idiots will believe it.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    :+1: To the post above. This is indeed sad, expensive, and mortal to some lives. However, don't forget... OIL IS NATURAL, MAN DOESN'T CREATE IT. The earth has many ways of keeping its self in homeostasis and will continue to do so no matter what man can try to come up with to destroy it.

22lr

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Jeff Gordon Country
    I was going to mention that maybe "our pres" created this situation to divert attention from his failing administration. But I wont since I cant prove anything.......

O but wait, that never stopped the dems from blaming Bush for creating 9-11 or Katrina, ok ok ill leave now. :whistle:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I wouldn't doubt if it was a man made disaster. I've heard that a mini-sub sank it, I've heard a planted bomb, sabotage, we'll just never know. If it was an accident, it'll be covered up and another explanation given. I can guarantee you the only people who REALLY know what happened are the 11 guys sitting at the bottom of the ocean in pieces.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I wouldn't doubt if it was a man made disaster. I've heard that a mini-sub sank it, I've heard a planted bomb, sabotage, we'll just never know. If it was an accident, it'll be covered up and another explanation given. I can guarantee you the only people who REALLY know what happened are the 11 guys sitting at the bottom of the ocean in pieces.

It was more likely a 42¢ piece of faulty Chinese hardware that won the lowest bid in the construction cost of the rig.
    You know...kind of like what we send our astronauts into space in... :n00b:

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    the issue is they keep trying to find a way to cap it in a way they can still pump oil from it. i think they need to focus on stopping it before worrying about still collecting from it

That'll be the day.:rolleyes:

I completely agree though...I can't even fathom how much damage this is doing to our environment.

Tragic.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    It was more likely a 42¢ piece of faulty Chinese hardware that won the lowest bid in the construction cost of the rig.
    You know...kind of like what we send our astronauts into space in... :n00b:

YEA! Kinda like the home I live in! You know the kind... The subdivision that's PRAYING an F-.5 tornado doesn't come through cause it'll look like a trailer park after an F-4 tornado... Yea, kinda like that.... :):

Top Bottom