• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gunslinger45

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    I was just looking for some clarification....I have the opportunity to purchase a handgun for a decent price however it is located in Ohio. The owner said he would only do a FTF in Ohio and would not ship...My question is;

Isn't it legal to ship a firearm from one state to another THROUGH an FFL (as long as magazine restrictions dont apply or are upheld)? Wouldn't this transaction be no different than if I ordered a firearm from an online dealer and had it sent to my FFL?? I understand shipping via Fed Ex may be a whole different ball game but I am missing something about the FFL to an FFL???

Gunslinger45

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    It is legal through an FFL, but it is still the the sellers choice if he doesn't wish to ship it.

Oh absolutely! I wasn't trying to come off as an angry or upset at all!! He was just under the impression that it was illegal. If a seller doesnt want to ship I can't do anything about that! :) I was just making sure from a legal stand point he was ok!

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Go meet him at an Ohio gun store, have them ship it to your FFL. FTF in Ohio is illegal with an out of State resident. :patriot:

This is the way it could work.

You two could certainly meet face to face - exchange money - then someone pays the FFL in OH to ship it to your FFL of choice in IN. EIEIO.

-J-

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    It better be a good deal to be paying two ffl"s. But sometimes you gotta do what ya gotta do.

The FFL in the seller's state would only need compensated for shipping (should be $20 or so)...

Then the receiving FFL would need their transfer fee (anywhere between free (like is for me...ahem) and $50 like some places charge)

So, OP - be sure that you're still getting a "deal" when you factor in the costs to do the transaction legally.

-J-

Top Bottom