• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    The Ohio senate is looking to expand where Ohioans can carry. They've seen six years of decency where carriers are concerned and are wanting to expand things. Good for them. Of course their opponents are quite vociferous in their opposition. The boys in blue are against loosening the restrictions on the people of Ohio. "For officer safety". :rolleyes: Since when should that be a criteria for anything where a persons rights are concerned? Indiana cops aren't whimpering about carriers, (even if some of them do like to fondle others guns). Now if we could just get Ohio to recognise our permission slip, that would be a step in the right direction.

From Cleveland.com

COLUMBUS, Ohio - State lawmakers are discussing a bill that would allow some gun owners to carry their firearms in family restaurants, bars and open air arenas, like Cleveland Browns Stadium. Senate Bill 239, introduced by two Republican state senators, would also modify the concealed carry law to allow gun owners to travel in their vehicles with their firearms openly displayed.
    The bill has fired up the Ohio Fraternal Order of Police, which said its membership is "irate and appalled" by changes it says will make police work even more life-threatening.
    "I am kind appalled that they keep coming back and back to these issues that have already been heavily discussed," said Mark Drum of the FOP. "It just comes down to the fact that these are absolutely huge safety issues for law enforcement everywhere."
    The bill was introduced by senators Tim Schaffer of Lancaster and Shannon Jones of Springboro. The bill had its first committee hearing on Wednesday.
    The two senators said their bill is supported by the Buckeye Firearms Association and Ohioans for Concealed Carry.
    Under Ohio's concealed carry law, gun owners can travel in their vehicle with a loaded weapon as long as the firearm is holstered, or kept in a glove compartment, console or purse.
    Schaffer said those rules can become cumbersome for a law-abiding gun owner who is stopped by police for speeding but has perhaps mistakenly stored the firearm in an area that is not allowed by law. He wants to eliminate all of the rules.
    Read the rest at the source.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Somebody recently was advocating tightening restrictions in Indiana in order for Ohio to recognize our permit.

Sounds like a good time to urge freedom in Ohio instead of gun control in Indiana.

:twocents:

It was the LTCH mandatory training thread, FWIW.

INyooper

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    North Central IN
    Huge safety issues for law enforcement??? Let me get this straight ...an LEO is more endangered by a law-abiding CCW who keeps his handgun in the open than he is a criminal who may or may not hide his weapon when an officer approaches him??? I really don't understand the logic of it all. :rolleyes:

smoking357

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Mindin' My Own Business
    The Ohio senate is looking to expand where Ohioans can carry. They've seen six years of decency where carriers are concerned and are wanting to expand things. Good for them. Of course their opponents are quite vociferous in their opposition. The boys in blue are against loosening the restrictions on the people of Ohio. "For officer safety". :rolleyes: Since when should that be a criteria for anything where a persons rights are concerned? Indiana cops aren't whimpering about carriers, (even if some of them do like to fondle others guns). Now if we could just get Ohio to recognise our permission slip, that would be a step in the right direction.

From Cleveland.com

Read the rest at the source.

Good post, man. You are most certainly correct, a servant does not give orders to the master. Government employees are public what?

smoking357

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Mindin' My Own Business
    Somebody recently was advocating tightening restrictions in Indiana in order for Ohio to recognize our permit.

Sounds like a good time to urge freedom in Ohio instead of gun control in Indiana.

That is the perfect response, folks. That said, I'd like to see Vermont carry here. A free people do not need a permission slip to exercise a right. Concealed should require a permit, but OC should be free of any requirement.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    That is the perfect response, folks. That said, I'd like to see Vermont carry here. A free people do not need a permission slip to exercise a right. Concealed should require a permit, but OC should be free of any requirement.

I'll disagree with that. I disagree with any and all legal limitations on our right to keep and bear arms. Including licensing. Further, I believe ALL infringements should be immediately repealed. The 2nd Amendment doesn't say "...shall not be infringed except for this, that or the other..."

Top Bottom