• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HnK

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    Long before I got into HK I was in love with the 1911. I had so many different " high end" 1911s and couldn't get one that ran 100% of the time. I fact the reason I got into the HK is the design is based off the 1911. Well now that I'm just a couple hk's short of completing my collection the 1911 bug has bit again. So does anyone have one they recommend for around a grand with a rail and night sights that runs pretty good?

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Sig makes several models in that range as does Kimber. I just picked up a Sig Scorpion Carry and looking forward to shooting it.

HnK

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    I had a Kimber and was not impressed. Some of the sigs look good but I hear they have finish issues.

pjcalla

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I love my Sig Tac Ops. Granted, I've only had it for a month and put ~200 rounds through it personally. Previous owner said ~500. I guess time will tell on the finish.

SubUrbanCamo317

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 6, 2012
    South Side Indy
    Smith & Wesson SW1911. Tactical rail AND night sights!

SW1911pic2_zpsfca2d004.jpg

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I had a Kimber and was not impressed. Some of the sigs look good but I hear they have finish issues.

I've had good luck with all my Kimbers. I have one Sig GSR that is stainless and the other Sig is a Scorpion Carry that has a Cerakote finish. All are good so far although the PO put an idiot scratch on the GSR! I'd like to have the whole thing bead blasted.

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    Kimber Ultra or S&W 1911. Never a single issue or problem with either one. The Kimber feels better in hand and has better standard features and finish.

black label

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    Hobart
    I have the sig 1911 scorpion and it is an outstanding gun, it also has the accessory rail no finish problems in over a year of everyday carry. Sig also guaranties the finish, any problems they re finish the gun at no cost to you.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I just picked up a S&W 1911 PD and it runs great. Right in your budget range.
    SA TRP is another piece I recommend highly. A bit more than your budget but mine has never had a failure in the year I have owned it and it gets ran regularly.

HnK

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    Well to be fair to Kimber it was an ultra carry 2 and I was trying to run hollow points. I had ftfs with that gun even with ball ammo. Now looking for a full size and that will help with feed issues I'm sure.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Well to be fair to Kimber it was an ultra carry 2 and I was trying to run hollow points. I had ftfs with that gun even with ball ammo. Now looking for a full size and that will help with feed issues I'm sure.

My commander size 1911's run fine bet we do not feed them crap.
    I prefer the full size pieces but my sons like the officers/commander size.

ranger justus

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Santa my Wife gave me a Sig 1911 Viet Nam limited edition for Christmas. After 400 rounds I Love it. Shoots great. There will be many more bullets pass through it's barrel.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Destined to become the standard that all 1911 pistols are compared against, the Taurus 1911 offers you the most accurate and feature-laden model on the market today. Starting with our own hammer-forged -not cast - ordnance grade steel frames, slides and barrels, we machine each and every part to tolerance levels that surpass even today's industry standards. Our skilled pistol smiths hand-fit and tune each gun with the 19 standard features seen below, using quality parts that are built 100% in our state-of-the-art factory. Then they mark the slide, barrel and frame with matching serial numbers. Available in the powerful .45 ACP, this aggressive, rock-solid firearm is ready to go right out of the box. The Taurus 1911 is an unbeatable gun that is also an unbeatable value

Wow...do you work for Taurus.....:D

I was worn down by a good friend wanting a 1911. He wanted My SA Range Officer that i just bought and it was un-fired in the box. There were none to be had locally and he made me an offer I could not refuse so it is in his hands now and i am in withdrawal. Being the addict I am i can not sleep knowing there is an empty slot in the pistol safe. On the prowl for an SA Range Officer.

HnK

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    Well it's done. I found a sig tac ops carry. Paid for it and going to pick it up Friday.

OVERTHEHILLGUY

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    NEAR GREENWOOD, INDI
    Check my ad on want to sell handguns.
    Kind of pricey, yes, but in the coming years it will be a good investment.
    Look for OVERTHEHILLGUY .. Springfield Armory, 1911, TARGET, LOADED. PRICE INCLUDES 300RDS OF FACTORY AMMO.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Check my ad on want to sell handguns.
    Kind of pricey, yes, but in the coming years it will be a good investment.
    Look for OVERTHEHILLGUY .. Springfield Armory, 1911, TARGET, LOADED. PRICE INCLUDES 300RDS OF FACTORY AMMO.

You need to bump it up as I can not find it even using the search function.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Thanks. I already have one of these.
    The price is not totally out of line as it does come with some ammo.
    There is one of these in the display case locally. Just north of $1300.

Edit...this is a worked over loaded. Not a NM Trophy....my bad.
    Overthehillguy is a bit (a lot) salty on this piece....ammo or not. JMHO and nothing more.

Hope he sells it.........

Last edited:
    Top Bottom