• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    I'm pretty well locked down at work, thanks to some internet busybodies and fingerpointers, so I don't come around as often as I used to. But, I couldn't let this moment get away without posting it...

Some friends said we should check out Wilbur Wright FWA. It's an hour and ten mins from home, but I'm about as happy as it gets.
    shooting001.jpg

shooting006.jpg

shooting014.jpg

shooting020.jpg

I can't really describe how I feel.
    there are more pics where these came from...
    INGO pictures by TechNerd - Photobucket

Last edited:

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Family day at the range. One of the most gratifying bonding outings, teaching your kid to shoot. I still have a good time with my daughter at the range now that she is an adult.

Great pics!

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    What a perfect day for an outing. I was trying to make it out to that very range but was locked into home and work duty.

I figured it would be busy but maybe all the hunters were out in the field.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 21, 2009
    In a fog
    Family day at the range. One of the most gratifying bonding outings, teaching your kid to shoot. I still have a good time with my daughter at the range now that she is an adult.

From a daughter's point of view, there are so many great memories that I have with my Dad going to the range. I wouldn't trade them for anything. They will be with me forever.
    Great pics! Enjoy the range time with your family. Hope to hear from you soon, technerd.

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    Let's see. This was the first time ever for either kid. I chose not to bring anything big for their first trip, and they couldn't hold up the Marlin anyway. The boy child is 6 and took to it like a duck to water. He shot probably 20 rounds of .22 and a full 8rd mag from the pistol. It's an HP25, to answer Griffey's question above. My daughter is 8 and thought shooting was awesome too. They both can't wait to go again.

This was also a first for my wife. I was patient and calm and when it was all over she said she'd had fun, too.

We only went through about 100 rds for the rifle and 50 for the pistol, but it was good for a first time out. The .22 needs some sight work, and so do I. I was able to hit an 8" target at 25yds, but couldn't get the bullseye standing or on the bench. On the bench, I could get to the 2nd ring, so it may be more me than the rifle.

WW is too far to drive, we decided. An upside to this trip, beyond the fun had by the wife and kids, is the very probable MCFG membership with my Xmas bonus.

MontereyC6

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Greenwood
    WW is too far to drive, we decided. An upside to this trip, beyond the fun had by the wife and kids, is the very probable MCFG membership with my Xmas bonus.

You should definitely join MCFG. From where we live it's not more than a 25 minute drive in rush hour traffic. Oh, I'm now a member there too, and trying to get Indy_Guy_77 to join as well. :):

Griffeycom

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    He shot probably 20 rounds of .22 and a full 8rd mag from the pistol. It's an HP25, to answer Griffey's question above.

It's gotta be a HP22A then, HP25A fires a .25ACP. Glad you had fun though, I have an HP22A as a cheap plinker .22, FTE's sometimes but a great gun for the money.

redneckpastor

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Great Family Day!!!! thats awesome glad you guys had fun, looking forward to watching them grow up through the range reports :ingo:

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    He shot probably 20 rounds of .22 and a full 8rd mag from the pistol. It's an HP25, to answer Griffey's question above.

It's gotta be a HP22A then, HP25A fires a .25ACP. Glad you had fun though, I have an HP22A as a cheap plinker .22, FTE's sometimes but a great gun for the money.

Sorry, that line in my post wasn't clear. The pistol is an HP25. I had a box of .25acp and he put one mag of it through the pistol, along with 20 or 25rds through the .22 rifle. I had several hiccups with the pistol. It'll probably go away in favor of a buckmark or something similar in .22 for plinking and kids to shoot.

(I'll slink away now, lest the thought police here at work come and harass me about being on a GUN board.):patriot:

Redskinsfan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Great!

Congratualtions on your family joining you in shooting. My wife and our two sons both shoot with us and hunt too especially now when they both are adults. Good family fun, good firearms safety training (nothing beats Dad teaching how and showing how by example in my opinion, that's how I learned) make for some great fun.

Terry

chraland51

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Camby Area
    Good job. Keep the wife and kids interested in shooting sports even if it is only target shooting, like myself. I have some idiot, politically liberal nephews whose father never had an interest in firearms and passed this same disinterest on to his sons. They have said that they could not care less if big brother confiscates all of our legally owned firearms. There are just too many people with that attitude around. Keep up the good work and definitely impress upon them the need for firearms safety.

Top Bottom