• ...and so much more!
  • miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Welcome.

Despite being a Chicago Blackhawks die-hard, previous to last night's (4/14) game against the Phoenix Coyotes, I had a lot of respect, nay...admiration, for their goalie, Mike Smith. He's a very good goalie who, through hard work and persistence, has overcome some career obstacles to reach his goal of being a starting goalie on an NHL team. It could be argued that without him, Phoenix would not have made the playoffs this year.

After last night's game, I now think he is a manipulating, Jell-o souled sack of crap who needs to be pounded into submission with a Porta-Puck Pro by Boni. See the Boni puck shooting machine in action here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UC3S_wWfxNY&feature=related

I am 100% for aggressive play by a goalie. To me, a goalie is a position, not an endangered species, though there are obviously -- and properly -- rules to protect them from mayhem. That said, this guy initiates contact with forwards all the time -- Toews & Sharp last night -- but then turns into Meryl Streep when Shaw nips him while trying to skate around him behind the net!

When this happened, "Meryl" immediately threw her gloves over her head and fell to the ice, writhing around like a Minie ball from an 1861 Springfield had just shattered her coccyx at Antietam. After the initial death rattle, she was nearly motionless for a couple of minutes -- except for the spastic death grip on her facemask -- and the worst was feared.

Here is the man some boneheads have said was, "...tougher than a metal drummer..." plying his craft of bull**** weaving while prone in Glendale, AZ last night:

mikesmith.jpg

Once they gave Shaw a game miscounduct, however, and slapped the 'Hawks with a 5 minute major, dude(tte) jumped up like a stripper at the beginning of her routine when a Rob Zombie CD gets dropped into the player. During this penalty, the Coyotes scored a go-ahead (although happily not a game winning) goal.

Luckily Sharp was able to tie the game up with 5.x seconds left on the clock and Bickell was able to completely right this wrong by winning it with his second goal in OT.

In my joy I threw a stuffed Angry Birds character (see image below) at Smith on TV after they showed his misery of having been unprepared for Bickell's shot and having given up the game losing goal.

Angry-Birds-Black-Bird-Plush-Toy.jpg

Mike Smith, if you are gonna push, be prepared to get shoved, you dung-munching thespian douche bag!

Last edited:

meyer4589

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Feb 25, 2011
    Highland, IN
    I'm a big believer in protecting the goalies, but what Smith did last night was horrible. If I had my way with the rules goalies would be thinking twice about what they do. I think that if a goalie leaves his crease or the trapezoid thing they should be fair game just like any other player on the ice. Just like it was in old time hockey.

Floater

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    Chesterton
    meyer4589 said:
    I think that if a goalie leaves his crease or the trapezoid thing they should be fair game just like any other player on the ice.

I think the goalie should be fair game if he leaves the crease. Even inside the goaltender trapezoid, the goalie should be fair game.

This is the part of the interference on the goalkeeper rule that I really dislike:
    The rule will be enforced exclusively in accordance with the on-ice judgment of the Referee(s), and not by means of video replay or review.

That's a load of :poop: if you ask me. I say, go to the video and send the flopper to the sin bin.

ETA: Hey, this is 50 posts. Time to ditch this "forum" and head straight to the classifieds! See ya, suckers! :D

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Hopefully the hotel staff pisses on Smith's pillow.

And Brendan Shanahan's tires get slit.

EDIT: Hossa just gets a cheap shot. Hopefully every Mexican drug gang that isn't already running amok in Phoenix has a banner night tonight. Phuck Phoenix.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    At this point, call up some goon from Rockford and take Torres and Smith out of the series.

Maybe a "clearing pass" that takes out a ref, too.

cyprant

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 13, 2011
    North Georgia
    :soapbox::ranton:Im getting the feeling NHL hockey will be ruined soon. I can hardly even watch an NFL game any more with all the new ridiculous rules and constant replays...Its about as exciting as baseball to me now...

Dont get me wrong, I dont want to see any one get a serious Injury, BUT these are the big leauges. We pay lots of money to these players to see them play at full throttle...and sometimes, you might get a booboo...

Thats partially whythey get paid a lifetime salary for a year or two of work...

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    I'm concerned they haven't even given a status on Hoss. Not a "no news is good news" situation.

Top Bottom