• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    No joke... We have a 70 lb. Airedale Terrier who encountered about 15 geese in our front yard one day. Most times, they fly off right when they see him coming. Not this time. They circled around him like a pack of wild dogs and started spreading their wings and each of them were taking turns nipping at him. I ended up having to grab a broom (closest thing in the garage) and running into the fray.

Never in a million years would I think those geese would tag team a large dog.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    No joke... We have a 70 lb. Airedale Terrier who encountered about 15 geese in our front yard one day. Most times, they fly off right when they see him coming. Not this time. They circled around him like a pack of wild dogs and started spreading their wings and each of them were taking turns nipping at him. I ended up having to grab a broom (closest thing in the garage) and running into the fray.

LOL, the geese did that to me on the old Sycamore golf course one fall. My ball landed on the green which was occupied by a flock of geese. Needed to do my putt and as I approached they all came at me that way, wings out and honking & hissing at me. A few swings of the club cleared them out finally.

Some of them buggers are very aggressive if the young'uns are around and you can't legally injure one as they are protected (many had ID bands on feet).

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Back in college one of the guys in our dorm thought it would be fun to try to catch a goose with a bed sheet. Needless to say watching him get chased around the lawn by 2 dozen pissed-off geese was much funner than if he's actually caught the darned thing.

thoroughbred

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jun 27, 2011
    My houseboat on Lake Michigan

Hasnt anyone seen the movie the mighty ducks?! You mess with one bird you gotta deal with the whole flock!

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I had a run in with some geese about 25 years ago. My girl friend and I we at a park taking her dog for a walk(poodle) the dog decided to chase a few. A bunch of geese decided to go back after the dog. My girl friend when to pick up the dog and a few of them decided to go after her. While she was bent over one decided to nip her in the but. One I got done laughing I gave a few of them the boot and they fled. She did not appreciate my first response. I really though it was amusing though. I got the cold shoulder for awhile.

Geese can be nasty little s**ts. They crap everywhere. A real issue if you have a dock on a lake :-(

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Once in the bus I came across a flock that was taking its time crossing the road. I asked the kids (HS, not the little ones) "who wants goose for dinner?" I've had a couple of small confrontations, but I'm half tempted to go out hunting them just because there's a season on them. I almost don't see why they're still protected, as much trouble as they cause.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    LOL, the geese did that to me on the old Sycamore golf course one fall. My ball landed on the green which was occupied by a flock of geese. Needed to do my putt and as I approached they all came at me that way, wings out and honking & hissing at me. A few swings of the club cleared them out finally.

Some of them buggers are very aggressive if the young'uns are around and you can't legally injure one as they are protected (many had ID bands on feet).
    I still can't understand the reasoning behind this. The darn things are everywhere! How can they be at risk of endangerment? Might as well make pigeons and cockroaches "protected" too... :rolleyes:

Top Bottom