Odds of finding a Mosin with specific markings?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nate Suns

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 15, 2013
    Fishers
    I'm on the hunt for a Mosin that has either F.L.P.Riga(preferred) or F.L.P.Mi on it. I am looking for it as gift. My question for those of you knowledgeable about surplus rifles is what are my chances of actually hunting one down? Is there anywhere to go that has a large collection I could check out or should I just give up the hunt and hope I stumble upon one at a gun show some time?

Tangero

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2013
    Lake County
    You may get lucky with the random crates that show up at gun stores and Cabela's, but you'll probably have to do some actual digging at gun shows (even more unlikely to find one there, I'd say) or online (probably your best bet)

Nate Suns

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 15, 2013
    Fishers
    You may get lucky with the random crates that show up at gun stores and Cabela's, but you'll probably have to do some actual digging at gun shows (even more unlikely to find one there, I'd say) or online (probably your best bet)

Yeah, I've been keeping an eye on gunbroker listings but a lot of them use stock photos or don't show markings.

Tangero

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2013
    Lake County
    Yeah, I've been keeping an eye on gunbroker listings but a lot of them use stock photos or don't show markings.

Thats the only big issue. Unless you find someone totally clueless about their weapon, people will likely say that they've got a Riga rifle for sale. It's rare enough to merit specific listing, I think

citizenkane

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    I think these are pretty rare. I've looked at a lot on nagants at gunshows over the last couple years and have never seen one.
    Something like that might turn up in gunbroker but I'm sure it would be pricey.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Good luck finding one with those markings, those are very rare. Since I've been collecting Mosins, I've looked at thousands and have yet to see one. Needless to say, if I do find one it WILL come home with me irregardless of the cost.

Nate Suns

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 15, 2013
    Fishers
    I'm in the same boat, if I find one I'm getting it. What can I expect to pay if one shows up, assuming someone knows what they have?

Last edited:

Coumtryflyer

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 2, 2014
    Indianapolis
    Hoping to just find a decent condition, non counter-bored Mosin myself. A hex receiver would be nice, but not necessary. Anyone in or near indy selling quality ones right now?

Top Bottom