• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    And this is deemed morally equivalent to the Tea Party demonstrations by the state-run media? Please...

I only made it to the fat woman in the pink jacket bellowing.

I didn't see any violence, so exactly how is it different (other ideas espoused) than a tea party demonstration?

Odd, bizarre, whatever. If that's what floats their boats, more power to them.

Sonofagun, it's both. Mindless drones, regardless of political ideology, are a very scary thing indeed.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I only made it to the fat woman in the pink jacket bellowing.

I didn't see any violence, so exactly how is it different (other ideas espoused) than a tea party demonstration?

Odd, bizarre, whatever. If that's what floats their boats, more power to them.

Sonofagun, it's both. Mindless drones, regardless of political ideology, are a very scary thing indeed.

Maybe not in Atlanta, or in this vid, but..
    Let's see, hundreds of arrests nation wide, media assaulted, counter protesters assaulted, cameras stolen, defecation on a police car, defecation on the American Flag, the list goes on..

yeah, JUST like Tea Party rallies :rolleyes:

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    While I certainly don't agree with the political message these folks are preaching, it is akin to the Tea Party movement that is rising in that both the Tea party, and whatever this group calls itself are absolutely fed up with business as usual in Washington. The "Occupation group" seems to specifically be blaming big business, but at the root of some of their beefs seem to be Federal Policies that have in their mind allowed big business to take advantage of them.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    While I certainly don't agree with the political message these folks are preaching, it is akin to the Tea Party movement that is rising in that both the Tea party, and whatever this group calls itself are absolutely fed up with business as usual in Washington. The "Occupation group" seems to specifically be blaming big business, but at the root of some of their beefs seem to be Federal Policies that have in their mind allowed big business to take advantage of them.

Similarity of the message aside (and even that is superficial at best), there is something to be said for the means and practices used by the two groups. WTF is up with that constant "repeat after me" crap? Seriously. Can we not think for ourselves? Must we obliterate our individuality so completely that even our words and thoughts are created for us? Oh. Wait.

These groups are nothing like the TEA party participants.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Similarity of the message aside (and even that is superficial at best), there is something to be said for the means and practices used by the two groups. WTF is up with that constant "repeat after me" crap? Seriously. Can we not think for ourselves? Must we obliterate our individuality so completely that even our words and thoughts are created for us? Oh. Wait.

These groups are nothing like the TEA party participants.

I will agree with you 100% there. I think the key difference is in the general tactics that the right and left tend to employ. The right leaning groups tend to employ logice, where as the left leaning groups seem to resort to whining and down right obstinance, much like my 4 year old daughter does.

To their credit, it is a lot harder to ignore the whiners, and thus they illicite a response from both the MSM and those areas they are occupying. Peaceful protests with logic are flat out easier to ignore, due largely to the fact that they are more civil in nature and don't seek to inconvenience those they are protesting against.

Kind of the "nice guys finish last" situation.

Boiled Owl

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    Newton Co. !
    We're the 99%. BS!
    As I explained to my 13YO son yesterday as we combined soybeans. The 99% are too busy working to pay for these losers to take time to protest.

Tea party: Bring kids. Read the constitution. Leave the place cleaner than you found it.
    Occupy: run around topless. Crap on police cars. Do drugs. Trash the place.
    Yep very similar .....

Top Bottom