• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Back story: I work for a software company. Lots of young folks, many of which lean a bit left (idealists), but all good people. Lot's of 'wine and cheese' conversations, soybean and tofu lunches, and the like.

Manager and co-worker sitting in another cubicle....

Manager: This customer is driving us nuts. Can't we just shoot them in the foot or something? (We've been dealing with some very thick-headed people lately).

Co-worker: Hmmm... Hey, Ryan! (hollering over the cube wall to me) Are you packing today?

Me: No. It is against company policy to carry in the office.

Manager: That's too bad.

Other co-workers in nearby cubes: <chuckles>

This co-worker and I talk guns now and then. Her husband and I have tried to hit the range together, and just haven't got around to it. It was nice how casual everyone was with the idea of a "shooter" in the cube next door. No sheeple screaming "ZOMG!!!! Gunz are evil!". My manager got a chuckle out of me quoting company policy, since we just had to sign new handbooks.

So, now that I've been "outed", we'll see if anyone wants to learn more...

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    No biggie. You did good.
    It's hard to stay under radar when one bumps into a dozen or few people from work at the INDY 1500!!!
    It just reinforces some common 'guy' stuff amongst even nerd-types.
    As I was making an exchange of some ammo with fellow INGOers, I had three co-workers stop and talk. It's nice to say HI and have a common interest. It's still a free country, even one run by wimmins in HR departments. :)

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    I work IT for a small company and was told not to bring that gun (Beretta 92) to work with me several years ago. My boss seen it on me on a Saturday, he was not supposed to be there. So ever since I have carried concealed, a different gun. Last week I had to crawl under someones desk to fix some cabeling and I guess my shirt came up a little to much. This girl freaks out and very loadly remarked that I had a gun. I gave her a wink and the shh sign then very loadly said no thats a cell phone. I later had a talk with her in private and so far so good but that was a little close. I doubt I would lose my job (heavy finger on the delete key :D ) but no need to stir the pot if I don't have to. I am just not willing to take a chance and not carry.

Archbishop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    INDY
    I work IT for a small company and was told not to bring that gun (Beretta 92) to work with me several years ago. My boss seen it on me on a Saturday, he was not supposed to be there. So ever since I have carried concealed, a different gun. Last week I had to crawl under someones desk to fix some cabeling and I guess my shirt came up a little to much. This girl freaks out and very loadly remarked that I had a gun. I gave her a wink and the shh sign then very loadly said no thats a cell phone. I later had a talk with her in private and so far so good but that was a little close. I doubt I would lose my job (heavy finger on the delete key :D ) but no need to stir the pot if I don't have to. I am just not willing to take a chance and not carry.
    I fell you. Not saying that I do, but I might have the same type of policy at work and I might just carry a small pocket pistol.... Not that do it, but I might.

bigus_D

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Country Side
    Hey... I work in IT as well... My company also has such a policy, but all I've got is my G19. Maybe I should look into a smaller pocket carry type weapon to not carry to work. I feel like the office is the place where I'm most vulnerable (since I can't have a gun)... any suggestions on a make/model that is good to not carry to work?

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    Hey... I work in IT as well... My company also has such a policy, but all I've got is my G19. Maybe I should look into a smaller pocket carry type weapon to not carry to work. I feel like the office is the place where I'm most vulnerable (since I can't have a gun)... any suggestions on a make/model that is good to not carry to work?

I use the Glock 19 IWB and other than that one incident its been pretty easy to conceal.

Top Bottom