• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drysdaleg

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Anyone know if there is a policy about carrying there? I known of public property but I'm still just wanting to see why you guys think. I OC so that's why I ask, I wouldn't think it would be such a big deal if I cc. I have had only one day OC experience and I've neer carried in Seymour so any information helps. PLEASE DO NOT RUIN THIS THREAD BY OC/CC debate. Thanks :ingo:

Last edited:

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    If its like the prices were at the last Oktoberfest I went to, you have the legitimate argument that you figured you were going to be robbed...

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Well, the Seymour Oktoberfest, Inc is a non-profit organization, and not part of the local government. As such, I suppose they could have whatever policy they would like. Many of the events are sponsored and run by other private businesses and organizations, so they too could have a policy if they choose.

That said, the only "policy" on their website is in regards to pets.

I've carried at every summer and fall "festival" I've attended in the last few years without issue. Not gotten down to Seymour yet, though!

AndersonIN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Anderson, IN
    Have OC'd around Seymour on many, many occasions at restaurants along the main road there. Even in front of the local LEO's. Never had an issue in any way!

Good Luck! Keep us informed.

dukeboy_318

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    in la la land
    I have gone to the Octoberfest my entire life pretty much. I've seen guns OC'd there alot. I have personally OC'd without any issues since I turned 18, years ago. Just make sure you have your LTCH on hand. Seymour PD doesn't have a bad rep for dealing with OC, most are good ol boys who have no problems with the 2nd amendment and will leave you alone for the most part, unless you start acting stupid or get too drunk.

Octoberfest is set up on public streets, granted it sponsored by many local businesses, it is still a city ran event on public property.

drysdaleg

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    I have gone to the Octoberfest my entire life pretty much. I've seen guns OC'd there alot. I have personally OC'd without any issues since I turned 18, years ago. Just make sure you have your LTCH on hand. Seymour PD doesn't have a bad rep for dealing with OC, most are good ol boys who have no problems with the 2nd amendment and will leave you alone for the most part, unless you start acting stupid or get too drunk.

Octoberfest is set up on public streets, granted it sponsored by many local businesses, it is still a city ran event on public property.
    Don't plan on drinking or anything, mostly just the food. I'll be with my wife and 2 year old son. So "acting the fool" is out of the question. Thanks for all the information everyone!

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Seymour PD and Jackson County Sheriff are pretty good guys/gals. Biggest problem you are going to have is parking and the shuttle. A lot of the parking lots are in school or church with school property. The shuttle runs through the high school parking lot. Just be aware.

drysdaleg

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Well I didn't have any problems on Saturday. Very busy and compact so I don't think many people were to busy to pay attention. Over all it went well.

Top Bottom