• ...and so much more!
  • Stimp

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Decatur, IN
    Just a quick question for you all.
    Are there any rules or tips on bringing in a few handguns for sale to the show?
    I've never brought in anything more than my carry gun to a show which was checked and tagged at entrance and not for sale. Don't know if there are any other rules for bringing in guns go sell.
    Thanks in advance

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    AFAIK, they check and zip tie each one. It might be worthwhile for you to have a sign saying what you have for sale that you can hold up or have on you, unless you'll be holding them all. Good luck!

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    take 2 paper plates and a wooden dowel rod that will fit into the bore of the rifle. Write on the 2 paper plates what the rifle is and how much you want. Tape the dowel rod one paper plate, then tape the two paper plates together. Instant sign. Carry the rifle with the muzzle up, and drop the dowel rod into the bore.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    369   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Clay speaketh with wisdom.

This is what I do and it has worked very well. If I am selling a handgun i make a similar sign and zip the dowel rod into my backpack so the "flag" flies behind me, very visible. Lots of folks selling and dealer shills looking to buy stand near the entrance.

jmb1031

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2012
    Muncie, IN
    Great idea about the paper plates. Very common sense, but of course I wouldn't have thought about it until AFTER the fact and then been like, why didn't I think of that.

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    The dowel rod and paper plates will look kinda funny sticking out of the handguns you said you were bringing. Just make a sign and wear it like a sandwich board around your neck. You will see others there doing the same thing. Have the guns clean and ready to sell and know what price you want for them before you go.

Shutterbug

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    Are all the tables formal vendors or are individuals also set up to sell? Just wondering if everything has to be on the record or not. I know guys walking around with items to sell probably aren't, but looking for a handgun will be more difficult.

N8RV

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Peoria
    Are all the tables formal vendors or are individuals also set up to sell? Just wondering if everything has to be on the record or not. I know guys walking around with items to sell probably aren't, but looking for a handgun will be more difficult.

WELCOME to INGO. Interesting first post. [insert head scratching smiley here]

Are you saying that you want to buy a handgun "off the record?" Just curious...

I.A.

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2012
    Logansport, IN
    WELCOME to INGO. Interesting first post. [insert head scratching smiley here]

Are you saying that you want to buy a handgun "off the record?" Just curious...

Just because he doesn't want his purchase registered with the government doesn't mean he is a nefarious criminal... ;)

Shutterbug

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    ya, that did sound pretty bad, didn't it. Nope, just a red blooded American that's not necessarily interested in standing in line for hours for paperwork.

awilson82

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    The dowel rod and paper plates will look kinda funny sticking out of the handguns you said you were bringing. Just make a sign and wear it like a sandwich board around your neck. You will see others there doing the same thing. Have the guns clean and ready to sell and know what price you want for them before you go.

This. Ill be doing the same so hopefully this Sig will find a new home. :ingo:

Top Bottom