• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    This is going to be fun to watch play out ...

Yep...the comments from the lady are interesting, as were some of the comments on the link (which seem to have dissapeared for some reason). On the one I hand I think many of us agree with her...we want our children and grandchildren to have the same things (or better) in life than we had.

On the other hand she seems to have missed the point quite a bit. I don't think that 99% of people are seeing the fruits of their labor being gobble up by big corporate greed, and are losing their homes as a result.

And I'm pretty sure there are many like me in Seymour that haven't gotten to where weare because we've happened to have the fortune of knowing a few local politicians.

Could it be because I worked hard to graduate from H.S. at the top of my class, *** Laude from Engineering School and Business school? That seems to have worked well for a lot of people I know locally. Even those folks I work with that didn't go to college seem to have found a way to make a good honest living (for serveral of the "big" businesses that have operations locally) and aren't complaining that a CEO is slowly milking them for all they are worth.

I was pleased to see one remark by a commenter to the story mentioned that < 50% are actually paying the taxes that support the remaining 50%. I think at least one of the other people sounding off was surprised to see that stat, and may have learned as a result.

Now, if we can just ensure we don't get that "Liberal" City Councilman elected... ;)

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Awesome, I love how one lady IS the 99%. Either Seymour must eithyer be really small or she must be really big....

Hmm...so manythings come to mind, but I'll just say we are THE "Smalltown."

Fortunately I'm south of town, so unless this spreads to Dudleytown, I think I can bump down the alert level just a bit.

joslar15

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Bloomington
    "We" must mean the other protesters she ate!

ltave6-ltavd91019occupyseymour2onset.jpg

MadBomber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Brownsburg
    Boston, MA December 16, 1773

Sam Adams: "Hey guys; we're going to a protest down on the dock tonight, maybe even dump some cargo. Want to come along and help?"

Guys: "Are you crazy? Protesting is stupid. If you have that much energy you should just get an extra job to pay the tea tax. Don't be such a troublemaker! Do you want to be laughed at and mocked by us normal people?"

Sam Adams: "Sorry, don't know what I was thinking."

Bruce Springsteen, 1980: "From small things Momma, big things one day come"

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Good for her for doing something she believes in, but, it seems like if you have enough free time to stand on the street all day, you could at least come up with a better sign. Maybe throw some glitter on there, or better yet, some cool color changing LEDs.

Top Bottom