• ...and so much more!
  • Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    OK, so I was going to Walmart to get some groceries earlier today and the parking spot I got was next to another car with IL tags and a plate frame that ID'd the owner as IL State Police. As I was exiting the car, I felt the most overwhelming compulsion to uncover my sidearm and OC as I walked past.

Alas, I did not do so, not because I could not, not because it would not have been fun to see the reaction, but simply because I don't carry to impress others or to get reactions from them. I still think that it would have been interesting to see in the abstract, but not worth compromising either my anonymity or my viewpoint/opinion.

Anyone else ever been tempted like this?

Blessings,
    Bill

Archbishop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    INDY
    And in other news today, eye witnesses say an unidentified man was beat senseless by an Illinois police officer today. Reports are unclear what prompted the attack.:rolleyes:

Bubba

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Rensselaer
    I don't mind a little :stickpoke: every now and then, but when I'm OCing, I OC and when I'm CCing, I CC. I select my carry mode on what I feel comfortable with and I don't need to change it just to turn heads.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Sure, ATM, but you OC everywhere anyway. I'm talking more about the opposite of what Bubba said; OCing specifically to get a reaction. That's not what I've seen or read from you. If I interpret correctly, you OC solely because that's how you choose to carry.

Archbishop, yes, I would have looked on it as a financial opportunity, had that happened, but no, it didn't worry me.

Xmil, I think that's probably most of why the urge hit me like it did- a major case of IN YOUR FACE!!!... which is also, as I said, part of why I didn't. I wouldn't have done an "in your face" with a wallet, a watch, or anything else I carry with me daily, so there's no reason to do so with a firearm.

Thanks for the replies so far! Anyone else?

Blessings,
    Bill

XMil

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    Columbus
    Fair enough, but if it was an Il. State Police officer, then we're talking about someone who voluntarily does a job that requires them to violate peoples constitutional rights. I don't know any other way to put it.

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    I live directly across the street from a neighborhood that has a HOA. My house and yard would often be in violation of their rules if I lived there. I don't let my grass get long just to frustrate them, but it does not bother me that they have to look at my house. I guess if I knew all their rules (for instance if they required you to keep all vehicles in the garage, or prohibited people from washing cars in their driveways) I'd take a certain satisfaction in "violating" their rules. May even go out of my way to leave vehicles in the driveway.
    As to the OP's situation, it'd have been hard for me to resist uncovering if I were CCing, with a big smile and a friendly "how you doing, officer?"

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Correct me if I am wrong, but I am assuming from your statement that you believe that IL SP officers voluntarily violate the right of the people of IL to keep and bear arms? Wouldn't it be the legislators of IL that are violating the constitutional right, since they are the makers of the law? LEOs are just the enforcers of the law, but there has to be a law made by someone else for them to enforce.

Or is your statement that since they are LEOs they violate everyone's constitutional rights, all the time?

XMil

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    Columbus
    Are you saying that they should enforce any law a legislator makes since they are only doing their job? I'll spare you the cliche comparison, but I don't see how the person who actually does the hands-on dirty work of enforcing an unconstitutional law is any less guilty than the person (group) that makes the law.

mikea46996

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Winamac
    IBTL!!!

If the guy in charge told you a weapons were illegal would you blindly follow the new law because you would just be doing your job???

Not meant to flame LEO I support you guys just wanna get inside your head a little..

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Are you saying that they should enforce any law a legislator makes since they are only doing their job? I'll spare you the cliche comparison, but I don't see how the person who actually does the hands-on dirty work of enforcing an unconstitutional law is any less guilty than the person (group) that makes the law.

No, that's not what I'm saying at all. I'm saying that the blame for the violation of constitutional rights doesn't rest solely on the shoulders of the LEO.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    IBTL!!!

If the guy in charge told you a weapons were illegal would you blindly follow the new law because you would just be doing your job???

Not meant to flame LEO I support you guys just wanna get inside your head a little..

Why would there be a lock? Civil discussion with no prohibited words...so far.

What guy in charge would tell me weapons were illegal in violation of what new law? Just because someone tells me something is illegal doesn't mean it is. I rely on the Indiana Code to provide information on what activities/items/etc are illegal in Indiana, not what someone tells me.

mikea46996

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Winamac
    Why would there be a lock? Civil discussion with no prohibited words...so far.
    These normally go bad quick..

What guy in charge would tell me weapons were illegal in violation of what new law? Just because someone tells me something is illegal doesn't mean it is. I rely on the Indiana Code to provide information on what activities/items/etc are illegal in Indiana, not what someone tells me.
    Come on you know what I mean what if it was Indiana Code???
    Please don't sidestep the question I really want to know how you feel about this subject, I think LEO and NG will be our first line of defense against a corrupt and tyrannical government if it ever gets that bad. If you prefer please answer in PM, I understand what you "have to say" but I wanna know what you really feel about this question.

:)

Top Bottom