• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hacksawfg

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    Hopefully not Genera
    After reading about the places people have OC'ed without problem, and those where a company/store policy prevents OPEN carry, I would like to compile a list to make it easier for people where they want (or don't want) to take their hard-earned money. Comment only on NEGATIVE experiences please, only with store mgmt./company policy not general public interactions. Put a location if necessary.

Not looking for employers (unfortunately I would say most of them are against). I'm looking more for verified locations (i.e. it may be against policy, but is it actually ENFORCED at a specific place, did they actually make you leave). If you go to an AMC Theater, open carry and nobody cares, then they shouldn't be on the list. There are people with common sense out there (not easy to find). Once a place is on the list, please don't duplicate it, will make my life much easier trying to keep up with this. Also would greatly appreciate no thread jacking. Just list the place and the city.

If a place changes their policy to allow carry (unlikely with the biggies, but maybe some of the local establishment may change their minds), let me know so I can take them off the list. I'm going to try and keep up with this the best I can.

From what I've seen recently:

GENERAL POLICY
    Simon Malls
    The Gap
    Old Navy
    AMC Movie Theaters
    Industrial Federal Credit Union
    St. Vincent's Hospitals
    Toys/Babies 'R' Us

SPECIFIC LOCATIONS
    Regal Shiloh Theater Avon
    Greatimes Family Fun Park Beech Grove
    Glenbrook Mall Fort Wayne
    Value City Greenwood
    City Market Indianapolis
    Victory Field Indianapolis
    Indianapolis Art Musuem Indianapolis
    Cirilla's Indianapolis
    Ortho Indy Indianapolis
    Pick a Part Indianapolis
    Unique Resale Shop Merrillville
    Cinemark Movies Mishawaka
    FedEx Muncie

Last edited:

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Thread hijack.

Is it just me, or is Castleton becoming the new Circle Center with the "clientele?"

Ever since Lafayette Square closed down, Castleton has slowly gone downhill. We don't shop there (other than Sears) any longer, unless my wife and her mother go early on a weekday.

If we must go to a "mall", we go to Metropolis or Clay Terrace.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    It is a logistical nightmare unless you have endless hours to complile mind numbingly boring info. Try getting an RPG player to help in the info recording process...

I tried to get 4-5 guys to help, each take a sector of Indiana and keep track of it but no one else helped out and too many guys want to go off-track so early, like post #3 or so... :n00b:

StreetStrip01

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2011
    Florida
    Ever since Lafayette Square closed down, Castleton has slowly gone downhill. We don't shop there (other than Sears) any longer, unless my wife and her mother go early on a weekday.

If we must go to a "mall", we go to Metropolis or Clay Terrace.

I go to Castleton for Von Maur only, park outside VM, enter, purchase, and leave the same door I entered.

Clay Terrace is within walking distance for me.

Sorry guys, you can have your thread back now :)

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Actually, the Castleton Mall one is a bit misleading. It's not just Castleton, it's ALL Simon Properties. All of their malls and properties are no carry zones (not just OC, but CC, too). OC will just get you noticed sooner and ejected.

hacksawfg

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    Hopefully not Genera
    Not really looking for employers (unfortunately I would say most of them are against). I'm looking more for verified locations (i.e. it may be against policy, but is it actually ENFORCED at a specific place, did they actually make you leave). If you go to an AMC Theater, OC, and nobody cares, then they shouldn't be on the list until it's a problem. There are people with common sense out there (not easy to find).

It may be mind-numbingly boring, but lets see how far we can get anyway, I'm hoping the negative EXPERIENCE's will be a short list.

<edit> added most of this text to first page

Last edited:

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    I was the one that started the spreadsheet the last time this came up. Someone else added the no money column. The sheet was good but lost interest quickly. Perhaps if it was made a sticky as suggested.... Lol

hacksawfg

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    Hopefully not Genera
    I've been working on something like this http://www.zeemaps.com/335252

people can add to it, edit, etc.......and the color of the marker can be changed to indicate how 2A friendly the place is

Might work even better, I have no problem if it does. In fact, might almost be easier if anybody can ADD to it (don't duplicate, though). Maybe start a new thread, add instructions on how to add/edit the map, and have people bump when they do so (in order for the mods to see it's active and hopefully sticky the thing). Having this stuff all in one place will make life much easier for everybody vs. having to do thread searches, etc. I don't care about format, but as someone who just got his LTCH this Wednesday (still haven't carried yet, no holster, but when I get it and carry it will mainly be OC), I would love to know where to stay away from when I am carrying.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    As long as you guys know that -

Yes, it may be against the rules or a policy of a business to carry there or maybe it was just a manager that day that doesn't like guns personally or to satisfy his own agenda.

- Please Don't Stop Carrying at places that don't respect the U.S. Constitution and the Freedoms within. Policies change and so do employees and management regimes but this "change" can move faster with some help from us.

We the people need to exercise our given rights by educating the [STRIKE]morons[/STRIKE] general population with the common sense that we all share as gun owners.

Just because you're kicked out of a place one time or you read on some list that a place isn't gun friendly should not discourage you or others from living your lives comfortably and safely.

They say leave, go away but Carry there another day. :)

Top Bottom