(Oh, and do as I say and not as I do)

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    I live in Munster, and I regularly OC in Munster, Highland, Dyer, and Schererville. I have not had an issue yet, not so much as a comment from an LEO, and one LEO was standing about 5 feet from me when he observed that I was carrying. Of course, its really a matter of individuals, and one LEO may react differently than another. But if I haven't had any issues in Munster, Highland, Dyer, or Schererville then I wouldn't think your experience in CP should be much different. In fact, since CP is more on the rural side than my part of Lake County, you're probably less likely to have a negative experience than I am. I have a buddy who lives south of the fairgrounds, and I have OC'd when visiting him, but not in the area around the town square. I should say "not yet". If I have an occasion to go to the CP town square, I will OC. You will be fine.

Last edited:

LanceRobbins24

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    South Bend
    I live in Munster, and I regularly OC in Munster, Highland, Dyer, and Schererville. I have not had an issue yet, not so much as a comment from an LEO, and one LEO was standing about 5 feet from me when he observed that I was carrying. Of course, its really a matter of individuals, and one LEO may react differently than another. But if I haven't had any issues in Munster, Highland, Dyer, or Schererville then I wouldn't think your experience in CP should be much different. In fact, since CP is more on the rural side than my part of Lake County, you're probably less likely to have a negative experience than I am. I have a buddy who lives south of the fairgrounds, and I have OC'd when visiting him, but not in the area around the town square. I should say "not yet". If I have an occasion to go to the CP town square, I will OC. You will be fine.

so jealous you live so close to 3Floyds brewery....I'd be broke!

Burnsy

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    NW Indiana
    Crown Point is usually pretty good while OCing. I work there and the only place I don't OC is of course the fairgrounds. Everywhere else I have been recieved pretty well. They still have a pretty good Small Town mentality.

Why not the fair grounds? They hold gun shows there on a monthy basis.

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Did that sign come down? It was there last time I was at a show in February, I think it was. It doesn't mean anything, but I thought it was still there.

I live in CP and OC all over the place. I've had very few negative experiences. A Gander Mountain gun counter clerk tried to tell me that Indiana was a CC only state.

The better one was at the Walgreens on Main and Summit. I was getting a movie from the Redbox and a Lake County Sheriff's officer came up and asked for my "permit" and told me that I wasn't allowed to carry with a round in the chamber. I wished I would've asked him about revolvers. He also told me I couldn't OC, but the whole encounter lasted about 1 minute and he walked away when I told him he was wrong on both accounts.

Those are the only two things that've ever happened in my 5 years of OC'ing around NWI.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Did that sign come down? It was there last time I was at a show in February, I think it was. It doesn't mean anything, but I thought it was still there.

I live in CP and OC all over the place. I've had very few negative experiences. A Gander Mountain gun counter clerk tried to tell me that Indiana was a CC only state.

The better one was at the Walgreens on Main and Summit. I was getting a movie from the Redbox and a Lake County Sheriff's officer came up and asked for my "permit" and told me that I wasn't allowed to carry with a round in the chamber. I wished I would've asked him about revolvers. He also told me I couldn't OC, but the whole encounter lasted about 1 minute and he walked away when I told him he was wrong on both accounts.

Those are the only two things that've ever happened in my 5 years of OC'ing around NWI.
    Sounds like that Sheriff's Deputy could qualify to work @ Gander Mountain.

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    I OC all over Crown Point, Cedar Lake, Lowell and everywhere else in NWI.... No issues to report, talked guns a few times with random strangers... No negative experiences.

Top Bottom