Obama threatens to arrest 14 state govs for treason?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008

JR50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Significantly North of Rt. 30
    Joe, I call it BS.
    If there had been any build-up of forces by any govenor, we'd know about it. There won't be any 'independant' verification because the article was written just to get a rise outta people.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Joe, I call it BS.
    If there had been any build-up of forces by any govenor, we'd know about it. There won't be any 'independant' verification because the article was written just to get a rise outta people.

States have, in fact, been talking about organizing state defense forces independent of the National Guard, which has become a de facto federal force. Plenty of news out there about that. I'm more concerned about the purported threat by the federal government to, in effect, take over state governments. I, too, am calling it BS for now, because I've not found anything anywhere else.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    The fed took over the state govs years ago. All they have to do is threaten to withold federal funds and the whip into shape in a hurry.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    I'll say plausible but not likely to be true....but maybe.

A Google search on the story and on the alleged author "Lyle J. Rapacki, PhD" yields only a feedback loop of the blogs/sites typically painted as the home of "tinfoil hatters" (PrisonPlanet, AboveTopSecret, and many more new to me). While this does not, in itself, make the story false, I haven't been able to verify the existence of the entities with which this fella is associated.

IF it is true, this is serious business. I'll await confirmation or refutation with interest.

Folks often like to compare Obama to fellow adopted Illinoisan Lincoln, who is believed to have issued a warrant to the U.S. Marshall Service for the arrest of a sitting Supreme Court justice (along with many other acts not congruent with the administration of a Constitutional government). Maybe he is just trying to live up to the comparison :dunno:

Last edited:

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    The fed took over the state govs years ago. All they have to do is threaten to withold federal funds and the whip into shape in a hurry.

For the most part, this is true.

Such a slip of the grip (I was aware of several states reviving/updating/starting state defense forces) is what makes NSLs plausible in my mind.

I just don't know that all 14 governors, with their respective egos would be able to keep quiet on such an action quiet, as it would seem to offer support to certain reasons they might have for taking such actions.

If Gov's were arrested, I would imagine all sorts of hell breaking loose. Or not. It depends on the states and their citizens.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I wouldn't be a bit surprised if the story is true. The federal government is limited only to the power we choose to give it. They have been bribing us into submission for decades. Now that states are finally waking up to that, the fed has to resort to force if they want to maintain power. Force is the only avenue left when bribes no longer work.

The book Atlas Shrugged explains this concept quite well. The government can only enslave us as long as we provide the means for them to do so. Government is incapable of providing or producing anything on it's own. We must provide the rope that they will hang us with. The only way for us to get the government back in check is stop. Stop providing them with the means to enslave us. Who is John Galt?

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    I wouldn't be a bit surprised if the story is true. The federal government is limited only to the power we choose to give it. They have been bribing us into submission for decades. Now that states are finally waking up to that, the fed has to resort to force if they want to maintain power. Force is the only avenue left when bribes no longer work.

The book Atlas Shrugged explains this concept quite well. The government can only enslave us as long as we provide the means for them to do so. Government is incapable of providing or producing anything on it's own. We must provide the rope that they will hang us with. The only way for us to get the government back in check is stop. Stop providing them with the means to enslave us. Who is John Galt?

Well, I haven't seen it on ABCCCBSNBCFOXCNNMSNBCNYTWSJ...so it can't be true.

WWIIIDefender

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    Saudi Arabia
    I would say it is BS. The article talks about Rick Perry being one of the lead governers in the movement. Rick Perry is a globalist he was for the bailouts and healthcare. He is trying to take thousands of acres of land through emminent domain to build the TTC. Don't think that Obama has much to worry about when it comes to Rick Perry. Now if that was a little misinformation to make the article look false then maybe there were some good governors that did actually get a letter. I don't think we will ever see proof of this either way.

AFA1CY

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    In that Field that is Green
    For the most part, this is true.

Such a slip of the grip (I was aware of several states reviving/updating/starting state defense forces) is what makes NSLs plausible in my mind.

I just don't know that all 14 governors, with their respective egos would be able to keep quiet on such an action quiet, as it would seem to offer support to certain reasons they might have for taking such actions.

If Gov's were arrested, I would imagine all sorts of hell breaking loose. Or not. It depends on the states and their citizens.
    Illinois would be jumping up and down with joy.... Oh, did I say that out loud? :):

dwagner3701

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 21, 2009
    South of Lafayette
    Healthcare connection????

Does this have anything to do with the governors that filed lawsuits that the new healthcare bill was unconstitutional? There were 14 -17 states involved, and the Obama crew is trying to get the federal court to throw out the suite.

Bendrx

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    East Indy.
    Very interesting, but as far as the comment that the fed would just pull funding...there WILL come a time when the cost burden on the states from the fed, is equal to or greater than the hand outs being given by the feds. In other words, they on track to cancel out thier own "money hold" on the states. Also, what's the dollar sign that is worth the feds hold. I doubt the states would go along with everything it get an extra 100 dollars net a month from the fed. I could be very wrong. Looked up on snopes, but no listing, so that in itself lends a bit of possible truth - simpley because it's not recycled rumor yet. May be fake, may be real. :ingo: (Mods, we need an Indiana State flag smiley - I've got one at home, why not here?)

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Very interesting, but as far as the comment that the fed would just pull funding...there WILL come a time when the cost burden on the states from the fed, is equal to or greater than the hand outs being given by the feds. In other words, they on track to cancel out thier own "money hold" on the states. Also, what's the dollar sign that is worth the feds hold. I doubt the states would go along with everything it get an extra 100 dollars net a month from the fed. I could be very wrong. Looked up on snopes, but no listing, so that in itself lends a bit of possible truth - simpley because it's not recycled rumor yet. May be fake, may be real. :ingo: (Mods, we need an Indiana State flag smiley - I've got one at home, why not here?)

There are already many states that send out more tax dollars to the fed than what they get back in funds. Some are net losers and some are net winners. It's exactly welfare. I know the information on who the winners and losers are is out there, I'm just not sure where to find it.

The fed is bribing us with our own money and the vast majority of the people are too stupid to see it. Many parents do this daily. Their child works and earns a check. The parent takes the check from their child and then usually puts a majority of that check in savings, takes payment for a vehicle loan, etc. and give a small portion of the check back to the child for spending money. That's not always a bad thing for irresponsible teenagers. But are we irresponsible teenagers or free men?

The Meach

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    Nobletucky
    yeah gonna call BS on this one. One of the Gov's mentioned in this is Texas's Rick Perry.

If Gov. Perry had actually gotten one of these he would have run over himself on the way to the press room to have have a very public and very justifiable conniption.

There is no way the 14 state Govs got this at once. there would be no way to enforce them keeping their mouths shut. and we would be at war within the day.

Obama is stupid, but not that stupid.

Top Bottom