• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Obama on ACORN: 'Not Something I've Followed Closely' Won't Commit to Cut Federal Funds

It was one of the most popular topics among the questions you submitted to me for my interview with President Obama – the controversy involving ACORN.

While the President said that ACORN "deserves to be investigated" in light of the "inappropriate" video that's gone viral, he did not endorse recent votes in Congress to cut off federal funding for the community group.

Here’s our FULL exchange:

STEPHANOPOULOS: How about the funding for ACORN?

OBAMA: You know, if -- frankly, it's not really something I've followed closely. I didn't even know that ACORN was getting a whole lot of federal money.

STEPHANOPOULOS: Both the Senate and the House have voted to cut it off.

OBAMA: You know, what I know is, is that what I saw on that video was certainly inappropriate and deserves to be investigated.

STEPHANOPOULOS: So you're not committing to -- to cut off the federal funding?

OBAMA: George, this is not the biggest issue facing the country. It's not something I'm paying a lot of attention to.

Watch it HERE.
    Obama on ACORN: 'Not Something I've Followed Closely' Won't Commit to Cut Federal Funds - George's Bottom Line
    Obama got his start in ACORN, represented ACORN as a lawyer, got help getting elected from ACORN, is friends with ACORN leadership, and then rewarded ACORN in the Stimulus Package with $4,000,000,000 from the taxpayers.

But when they are in trouble, Obama says "Its not something I'm paying a lot of attention to."

Dryden

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2009
    N.E. Indianapolis
    OBAMA: George, this is not the biggest issue facing the country. It's not something I'm paying a lot of attention to.

My wife and I burst out laughing when we saw this on FOX this morning.

Translation: "George, if you want to keep your job and your freedom, you'll stop this line of questioning."

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    !!!BIG TIME LIAR!!!!
    pinocchio.png

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    Yeah, either moron or liar. I don't think he is nearly as smart as the media say he is, but I don't think he is a moron.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Well just wait and see what happens in the next election i bet our votes wont count either...

Thank CCook is oh so true! The Chicago Political Machine has yet to be taken down for fraud and corruption and I6BO being part of it... Well AMERICA is in for a rude, rude awaking. :xmad:

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Re-Prioritizing the ACORN President

I have been fighting alongside ACORN on issues you care about my entire career." (Obama, in address to ACORN in 2007)

Obama's first job out of college was with ACORN as a community organizer. Obama hired ACORN affiliates for voter registration. Obama was a speaker at ACORN seminars. Obama was their lawyer.

And now he says the enormous, gross ACORN scandal is not something he is "paying a lot of attention to"?

Only one of the five television networks that interviewed President Obama for their Sunday shows bothered to ask him about Acorn, the left-wing community organizing group whose federal funding was cut off last week by an overwhelming vote in Congress.

"Frankly, it's not something I've followed closely," Mr. Obama claimed, adding he wasn't even aware the group had been the recipient of significant federal funding. "This is not the biggest issue facing the country. It's not something I'm paying a lot of attention to," he said.

Mr. Obama added that an investigation of Acorn was appropriate after an amateur hidden-camera investigation had found Acorn offices willing to abet prostitution, but he carefully declined to say whether he would approve a federal cutoff of funds to the group.

Not the biggest issue facing the country? I beg to differ. I think a national organization dedicated to stealth revolution, Communism, ripping off the American taxpayer, and subverting free markets, among other insidious traitorous objectives, is of enormous import.

What is he paying attention to? Nationalized a perfectly good private health care system, the best on the world? Outreach to the ummah (worldwide global Muslim community)?

What is he paying attention to? Mounting a DoJ witch hunt, a persecution of CIA agents whose crime was keeping us safe in immediacy of 911 and a worldwide global jihad. What's he paying attention to - ethnically cleansing Israel of the Jewish people? Or facilitating a nuclear Iran?

Sanctioning Islamic law? Snuffing out the people marching for freedom in Iran? Lest we forget his priority of crushing democracy in Honduras.

He is ACORN. Mirror man not interested in ACORN? This from John Fund.

Mr. Obama added that an investigation of Acorn was appropriate after an amateur hidden-camera investigation had found Acorn offices willing to abet prostitution, but he carefully declined to say whether he would approve a federal cutoff of funds to the group.

Mr. Obama took great pains to act as if he barely knew about Acorn. In fact, his association goes back almost 20 years. In 1991, he took time off from his law firm to run a voter-registration drive for Project Vote, an Acorn partner that was soon fully absorbed under the Acorn umbrella. The drive registered 135,000 voters and was considered a major factor in the upset victory of Democrat Carol Moseley Braun over incumbent Democratic Senator Alan Dixon in the 1992 Democratic Senate primary.

Mr. Obama's success made him a hot commodity on the community organizing circuit. He became a top trainer at Acorn's

Top Bottom