• ...and so much more!
  • Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Nearly a month after the tragic death of one of America’s greatest war heroes, it has become apparent that President Obama and the White House will do nothing to honor – or even mention – the late U.S. Navy SEAL Christopher Kyle.

Many, including Sarah Palin, have called on Obama to say something about Kyle, who was slain by a disturbed fellow veteran February 2. But there has not been a word – not even a written statement by Obama or White House Press Secretary Jay Carney, who gets the task of honoring those who are deemed not quite worthy of an utterance from the president.

Kyle is one of the greatest servicemen or women to fight in second Iraq War. He is the most lethal sniper in U.S. history, having personally sent to their maker at least 160 enemy combatants, and possibly dozens more. He served four tours and was shot twice, won two Silver Star Medals and Five Bronze Star Medals, and was was involved in six IED attacks. At one point, the Iraqi insurgents, who had dubbed him “The Devil of Ramadi,” put an $80,000 bounty on his head.

It’s possible that Obama – who has shown reticence to use military power, made a political point of his efforts to end wars in Afghanistan and Iraq, and who prefers a more anti-septic form of warfare involving drones – was uncomfortable honoring a man who puts the enemy in his sights and kills them directly.

Kyle also may have made the mistake – in view of the White House – of saying Obama himself did not make the call to take out Osama Bin Laden, and that Bin Laden’s death changed little.

Given Kyle’s heroism and the notoriety and tragedy surrounding his death, it is surprising he has not gotten a mention from the Commander in Chief.

Others who would seem not more heroic than Kyle have received statements from Obama expressing grief upon their passing, including author Ray Bradbury, singer Donna Summer, business tycoon Steve Jobs, Eunice Kennedy, Dick Clark, Richard Chavez – the brother of Cesar Chavez – Kenyan activist Wangari Maathai, Wilma Mankiller – first Cherokee Nation female chief - King George Tupou V of Tonga, basketball coach John Wooden, Chicago Bishop Arthur Brazier, and Kam Kuwata, a former Obama poltical aide.

The Blog on Obama: White House Dossier

Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    Not surprised at all.... honoring him would not further his adgenda..... still a shame especially from the Commander and Chief.

EvilKidsMeal

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 11, 2010
    Highland
    Pretty classless, however, I fear that due to the circumstances of Chris' death, Obama would sully his honoring by using it as a point for his gun control agenda.

SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    I honored Chief Kyle the other night. I thought that this beer was fitting to be drank from there.

picture.php

SOCOM242

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    Just finished Chris' book a few weeks back. Awesome read. A true American hero.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Unfortunately this is not surprising. Just the latest act of disrespect for the United States, it's military, and it's flag. Obama is a traitor.

ultra...good

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Just another insight into what kind of man Obama is. Honor a basketball coach but not a distinguished serviceman? Honor Donna Summers? huh?
    I am not a big fan of most of the recent military action we have been involved in. I still have a great deal of respect and admiration for all of those that serve. I could give a flying rip about Donna Summers and some basketball coach.

Signal23

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Greenwood
    Watch the movie 2016, once you see it (if you havent) ALL OF THIS CRAP) will make total sense. He has a plan for humbling America and EVERYTHING he and his minions are doing FITS.

funeralweb

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    Earth/East Central I
    There's a youtube video of an interview with CPO Kyle at this year's Shot Show where Chris takes exception with anyone, including the POTUS, if they take action that infringes on 2A rights. I bet he isn't spinning over not being "honored" by his former CinC. Everyone including the CinC knows what kind of American Chris Kyle was. Everyone EXCEPT the Narcissist in Chief know what kind American the POTUS is.:poop:

Last edited:

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    To All,

I have no problem with this!

I have nothing but admiration and respect for Mr. Kyle and his service to the country, but for heavens sake we have become wussified about honoring everyone.

There are hundreds of other vets who have met violent ends after returning home, from every war we have ever fought. Mr. Kyles service was no greater than the men who stormed Normandy, took Belleau Wood, or taking the beaches of Iwo Jima.

We are lowering the flag to half mast too much!

We are giving out too many damn medals for things we used to take for granted!

We are focusing media stories on things that affect no one outside of the immediate families!

Again my respect goes to ALL who served in ALL the branches. They earned the uniform. I guess that isn't enough any more...?

Regards,

Doug

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    I'm sure it was just an oversight. Odumbo was too busy preparing for the Alabama football team's visit. That, and now he's preparing to his tribute for the moment Hugo Chavez dies.

And no, that Moron in Chief did not order flags flown at half staff for Whitney Houston (although Chris Christie may have in NJ), but he sure as hell mentioned her and lamented her loss, but he couldn't give a rat's @ss about Chris Kyle who was a true American hero.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom