• ...and so much more!
  • oldfb

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Valpo
    Clarification!
    I just want the whole un diluted story. No secret plans or holding back information. I tend to believe that we never get the whole story and if it were a very very dire outlook, we would not be informed until long after the bodies were being stacked up like firewood somewhere. So keep your eyes open.

I am not a fan of mandatory anything. Informed(not bullied or scare tactics)

Mandatory is already present in our childrens lives or have any of us refused to immunize our children?

Mandatory equals forced.

Taking a stand against forced shots does not mean we deserve to get sick and die or have our children die. It also doesn't mean we will "sing a different tune" if the were to die.

If a person refuses or resists taking a rushed and improperly studied treatment or vaccine it doesn't mean they are irrational or stupid. Only smart or scared

Some people want the security of trying anything to save the people.

Personally I am waiting for the anti-stupid vaccine that protects me from all of the duh-da-duhs out there.

Should we fund programs for health and safety. You betcha! Should it be run by a group that can be bought by the industry it is tasked with regulating through campaign contributions and lobbyists? No way in hell!

Is there a way to fix this mess?
    No frackin clue.(still waitingfor my anti-stupid vaccine)

I do know that a Dr. specializing in infectious disease that my wife and I have met personally and respect, recommends and has taken his shot already.
    FWIW

So the wife wants the shot and I am still skeptical.

The hype could be fake or real.
    Do your best to make an informed educated choice.
    Don't lick doorknobs and stay safe through common sense and hygeine. That's my plan.

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    I haven't been sick for around 40 years (except for chronic sinus problems)
    I have never taken any kind of flu shot and will not start now.

My mother was talked into getting a flu shot (by her doctor) and it worked - she got the flu! She was then talked into getting the Pneumonia shot and it worked also - yep! she got pneumonia! And got the flu and pneumonia every year after that. Big difference with the shots she got - they weren't rushed and had been "tested". (unlike the current H1N1)

But, no worries! There aren't enough pig flu shots to go around, so we shouldn't have to worry about being forced to take it.

alfahornet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 25, 2008
    Well I think this thread is quite one sided. And without being devil's advocate I am saying that I DO NOT see anything wrong with the decision. YES I do consider it as a media hype at the present time BUT I also know that the virus has the potential to be develop into a deadly pandemic once it mutuates. And yes viruses do that all the time. Remember college microbiology for those who took it.

If one live is saved by this decision. It is worth it. Yes there are obviously risk involved for some people with less tested vaccines and treatments but on the other hand IF it saves lives in the end, I think it's worse it. As for the poll, I already said how I personally feel at the present time BUT that doesn't mean we know how it will evolve. AND the US is not the only country taking precautions. Europe is too. So, I think we should put a little bit more thrust into the people seeing all the facts and statistics, whether we like them or not.

I would not be surprised to see the complete opposite poll results if MSNBC or CNN would do their poll. To some degree it's the audience that votes. And let's be honest we're all biased one way or another.

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    My decision is not based on polls, media, any famous and/or "powerful" person's word, it's based on experience. While all around me were sick to varying degrees, I had remained unaffected. Sure, that could change - everything does eventually, but I still decline.
    You may have "my" injection if you want it. I will not be using it. ;) I am quite willing to pass so that someone else may "benefit"?.

The only "meds" that I take are Alieve Sinus and Equate brand pain reliever - if needed. (Seasonal/seldom)

(Better still, Obama can take "my" injection if he wants it. :D)

lumpy39us

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    I think the real answer is historical flu data compared to the recent, current data.
    When this pandemic was first visualized lots of Doctors stated the symptoms and conditions present were exactly the same as the regular flu.
    The flu data reported is all not to the extent of swine vs common, why because there is no difference! So reports of deaths include both and all flu strains. Remember the gov changed the tracking and reporting methods.
    Historical data is needed to make an intelligent decision.

oldfb

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Valpo
    Well I think this thread is quite one sided. And without being devil's advocate I am saying that I DO NOT see anything wrong with the decision. YES I do consider it as a media hype at the present time BUT I also know that the virus has the potential to be develop into a deadly pandemic once it mutuates. And yes viruses do that all the time. Remember college microbiology for those who took it.

If one live is saved by this decision. It is worth it. Yes there are obviously risk involved for some people with less tested vaccines and treatments but on the other hand IF it saves lives in the end, I think it's worse it. As for the poll, I already said how I personally feel at the present time BUT that doesn't mean we know how it will evolve. AND the US is not the only country taking precautions. Europe is too. So, I think we should put a little bit more thrust into the people seeing all the facts and statistics, whether we like them or not.

I would not be surprised to see the complete opposite poll results if MSNBC or CNN would do their poll. To some degree it's the audience that votes. And let's be honest we're all biased one way or another.

The one life saved argument is useless without sound research that tracks the lives lost to save that one life and the increased health risk/impact on those who actually elect for the option.

Myself (and many others) don't trust the "people with all the info" based on a long history of not being given "all" the facts in question or evidence.
    The people who are tasked with our "safety" have a long history of corruption and culpability that forces us to maintain a sheptical vigil against manipulation of the facts "in our best interest" because we are too emotional to make a rational choice, according to those who choose for us.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    "You never want a serious crisis to go to waste. And what I mean by that is an opportunity to do things you think you could not do before.”

Rahm Emanuel

Obama has declared a 2009 H1N1 swine flu a national emergency. It is not clear if this declaration falls under the National Emergencies Act (50 U.S.C. 1601–1651). The act is not mentioned in media reports.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46iEMNRx69I"]YouTube - H1N1 flu declared a national emergency[/ame]

The National Emergencies Act was passed in 1976. It has been extended six times. In 2007, the declaration was strengthened with the issuance of National Security Presidential Directive 51 (NSPD-51) which gave the president the authority to do whatever he deems necessary in a vaguely defined “catastrophic emergency” including everything from canceling elections to suspending the Constitution.

NSPD-51 (National Security and Homeland Security Presidential Directive) is unconstitutional. It was created on May 4, 2007, as a “presidential directive” (bypassing Congress) and signed by George W. Bush. It claims the power to execute procedures for continuity of the federal government in the event of a “catastrophic emergency.” Such an emergency is construed as “any incident, regardless of location, that results in extraordinary levels of mass casualties, damage, or disruption severely affecting the U.S. population, infrastructure, environment, economy, or government functions.”

In other words, it is a martial law directive. On May 10, 2007, The Washington Post characterized NSPD-51 is a “shadow government” directive.

The John Warner National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) for Fiscal Year 2007 states that the military may be used during a “national emergency.” Sec 1076 is extremely explicit, notes Michel Chossudovsky, and “virtually creates a Pinochet style environment for the mass arrest of political dissidents without trial, the storming of public rallies, etc.”
    NDAA specifically mentions “epidemic” as an excuse to declare martial law.

Prior to Warner and NSPD-51, legislation passed by the Clinton administration allowed the military to intervene in judicial and civilian law enforcement activities. In 1996, legislation was passed which allowed the military to intervene in the case of a national emergency. In 1999, Clinton’s Defense Authorization Act (DAA) extended those powers (under the 1996 legislation) by creating an “exception” to the Posse Comitatus Act, which permits the military to be involved in civilian affairs “regardless of whether there is an emergency,” according to Chossudovsky.

In 2005, a month after Hurricane Rita, a so-called bird flu “crisis” was hyped by the government and the corporate media. “I am concerned about avian flu. I’m concerned about what an avian flu outbreak could mean for the United States and the world… I have thought through the scenarios of what an avian flu outbreak could mean,” Bush declared at the time. “One option is the use of a military that’s able to plan and move. So that’s why I put it on the table. I think it’s an important debate for Congress to have” (emphasis added).

Bush’s directive, signed two years later, did not bother to involve Congress in the “debate.”

Obama’s declaration of a national emergency sets the stage for forced vaccination and internment of people who refuse to be vaccinated.

In January, the National Emergency Centers Establishment Act (HR 645) was introduced in Congress. It calls for the establishment of six national emergency centers in major regions in the US to be located on existing military installations to be used to quarantine people in the case of a public health emergency or forced vaccination program. HR 645 remains in committee.

The H1N1 “crisis” is a manufactured crisis. As noted earlier today, a CBS investigative report reveals that H1N1 flu cases are not as prevalent as we are told by the government, the CDC, WHO, and the corporate media. The so-called epidemic is bogus.

Millions of people are refusing to take the H1N1 vaccine. In the weeks ahead — if Obama’s emergency declaration falls under the above directives — we may witness a move toward martial law, forced vaccination, and internment of those who refuse.

At best, Obama’s declaration is a flimsy attempt to scare people into taking the toxic soft kill vaccination. Let’s hope this is the case

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    An interesting aside. The first children have not been vaccinated against H1N1.

From Fox

President Obama's school age daughters have not been vaccinated against the H1N1 flu virus. White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs says the vaccine is not available to them based on their risk.
    The Centers for Disease Control recommend that children ages 6 months through 18 years of age receive a vaccination against the H1N1 flu virus. At this time only children with chronic medical conditions are receiving the vaccination because their immune system is not strong enough to fight off the strain. The CDC also says a regular seasonal flu shot does not protect against the virus.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Obama has declared a 2009 H1N1 swine flu a national emergency. It is not clear if this declaration falls under the National Emergencies Act (50 U.S.C. 1601–1651). The act is not mentioned in media reports.

YouTube - H1N1 flu declared a national emergency

The National Emergencies Act was passed in 1976. It has been extended six times. In 2007, the declaration was strengthened with the issuance of National Security Presidential Directive 51 (NSPD-51) which gave the president the authority to do whatever he deems necessary in a vaguely defined “catastrophic emergency” including everything from canceling elections to suspending the Constitution.

So this is how I6BO gets to remain POTUS f-o-r-e-v-e-r. Nice... :faint:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Yes, and we NEED government run health care.

Surely you're not just going to troll here. Please explain. Why do you want government run Health care? Is there something appealing about funding crack-dealer's and illegal alien's health care? Or maybe the idea that the government will now have your medical reasons ON FILE to use against you for any reason? Or the fact that they will have access to your bank accounts, 401K, and any other financial assets? Oh yes, these are all things in the health care bill.

But then again, these things really don't have anything to do with the swine flu...

I dont care if you give me bad reputation,I have never taken a flu shot and never will, Of course I never have trusted the goverment and many of their programs. I have 2 daughters that are RN's and a sister. I trust what they tell me ,they are not puppets.

I'm glad to hear about you never having the shot. Also that you have an RN in the family. However, being in the medical field they are fairly biased. Most people are already skeptical about natural remedies vs. manufactured drugs. People working in the medical field are usually even more skeptical.

I just ask that people give the natural remedies a try before they declare manufactured drugs are the be-all end-all and natural remedies are worthless.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Took my daughter to Urgent Care last night. She had been coughing for about 36 hours and running a fever off and on for about 24. She was really complaining about her ear hurting. We checked in at the desk and they made all 3 of us put on masks. A nurse called us back and she was taking absolutely no precautions about catching the flu herself. My daughter took her mask off and the nurse said she didn't need it. The doctor came in and looked at her and said she had an ear infection and never bothered to test her for swine flu. He said he thought it was all hype and that many flu's in the past were worse. He didn't think she had the flu. If it were such a killer, why wouldn't the doctor test for it? I think most of us can see through this hysteria.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Surely you're not just going to troll here. Please explain. Why do you want government run Health care? Is there something appealing about funding crack-dealer's and illegal alien's health care? Or maybe the idea that the government will now have your medical reasons ON FILE to use against you for any reason? Or the fact that they will have access to your bank accounts, 401K, and any other financial assets? Oh yes, these are all things in the health care bill.

But then again, these things really don't have anything to do with the swine flu...

I'm glad to hear about you never having the shot. Also that you have an RN in the family. However, being in the medical field they are fairly biased. Most people are already skeptical about natural remedies vs. manufactured drugs. People working in the medical field are usually even more skeptical.

I just ask that people give the natural remedies a try before they declare manufactured drugs are the be-all end-all and natural remedies are worthless.

I seem to have been sorely mistaken here. DJL, I apparently misread your post to be directed to those who refused the shot.

Ryan, I also think it possible that Stoyan might have been sarcastic in his comment, but given my misread of DJL, I think you asking as you did is a much better course of action than suspecting trolling.

Blessings,
    Bill

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Ryan, I also think it possible that Stoyan might have been sarcastic in his comment, but given my misread of DJL, I think you asking as you did is a much better course of action than suspecting trolling.

Blessings,
    Bill

I figured I should ask instead of accuse because it's hard to read facial expressions over the net. :):

Top Bottom