• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    You might check Whitehouse.gov. I don't go by there myself, because they set cookies and I hate having to dig through them to excise theirs.

I did and there's NOTHING there. Now I gotta weed through my cookies for nothing... :rolleyes:

When one of your kids or grandkids die from it,then lets see what you post.

This is mindless babble. Just because someone's kid dies from this doesn't mean it's an emergency and we should all be vaccinated and what not. If my daughter had died from it it would have been because of her immune problems or because of the drugs. Fortunately, I didn't give her drugs and put her on vitamins and OJ and she was over it in three days from the day she was diagnosed and we started giving it to her.

This is not an emergency and we have FAR greater things to worry about than the flu. Get over it.

CulpeperMM

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    picture.php

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    I'm STILL NOT getting the shot!
    One (1) child in my grand-daughter's school was diagnosed with it, hospitalized and released to go home with parents. If the medicos were all that worried about the H1N1 (or regular) flu, they would have kept the kid.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    When one of your kids or grandkids die from it,then lets see what you post.

I agree, when people (yes, I'm including, but not limiting solely to kids) start dying from this "vaccine", we will see what people post. Of course, it won't much matter, because even if the vaccine producers were still liable, no amount of monies paid will bring the dead back, nor will anyone presently in office ever face trial for the premeditated murder of thousands if not millions of Americans.

You know, this sounds suspiciously like the plague that was created in England in the movie, "V for Vendetta", but of course, that's just fiction. :rolleyes:

I think it's interesting that votes were cast on 11/4 and we all found out the next day who we were told was elected into office. Perhaps Americans will start reciting the rhyme, slightly modified:

Remember, remember the fifth of November
    The election fraud treason and plot;
    I know of no reason why Obama's treason
    should ever be forgot.

:twocents:

Blessings,
    Bill

oldfb

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Valpo
    Beware our priorities lest we suffer them all...

Reality check?
    Either the Gov't knows and isn't telling how serious this swine flu threat really is or they have no clue and are taking any action they see fit in order to appear effective.
    Possibly they are using this to force us into the cattle chute that leads to more erosions of our freedom in an earnest effort to protect or dupe the American public.

The reality is we will probably never know the truth. Since rarely are the ones with evil intentions standing up and waving a sign declaring their agendas.
    The truly crazies like Manson or sociopathic may confess after being caught but until then there is only fear, confusion, conjecture or speculation.

Doing Vitamins and OJ or chicken soup might help but in reality the old thoughts of it not hurting are arguementative at best.

My Webfu sucks. I could not find the article for this so please if anyone remembers or can site this it will be appreciated.

The current course of our business and country has been set for decades. In the early 90's several tankers carrying OJ concentrate were suspect after consumption because of improper tank washing prior to re-loading after carrying a highly carcinogenic load. In the transportation industry it was/is common practice to hotwash tankers after each run prior to reload.
    It is entirely dependent on the ethics of all involved to ensure that the proper procedures are followed to maintain saferty. Who trusts the $8/hr kid to stand up to his boss when the waterheater breaks during a high volume day at the tank washer?
    Who trusts the $4/hr kid at the burger stop to follow all sanitation procedures when making your food? The USDA inspectors to ensure the food is safe?

The reality is that this is our plight because of the American Dream.
    We want it all: fair prices, high profits, safety, health, wealth...

Sadly since none can agree on which is the priority, all of it suffers at the whims of each level.
    CEO or Fry Guy at the burger shop are each likely to kill you out of contempt or ignorance.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Where did you get your doctrine? My Grandson has it and i probibly done more research on the subject than most.
    Did you mean "doctorate"? As for your research, I hope it consisted of more than just looking at websites on the internet.

Did you see that the people who created the "swine flu" vaccine refuse to take it? That, for me, is all I needed to hear. If they won't, why should I?

Blessings,
    Bill

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Reality check?

snip for brevity

The reality is that this is our plight because of the American Dream.
    We want it all: fair prices, high profits, safety, health, wealth...

Sadly since none can agree on which is the priority, all of it suffers at the whims of each level.
    CEO or Fry Guy at the burger shop are each likely to kill you out of contempt or ignorance.

You make really good points. However, a rational (wo)man realizes they can't have it all no matter how much he/she wants it. There has to be trade off. There has to be balance. The free market can say, oh look, the burger guy killed someone or made them sick. All of a sudden they are closing their doors because no one eats there. That opens the doors for a NEW business in it's stead. We don't need a health inspector to tell us the food is bad.

This is the same with the flu. The shot starts giving people problems they have the RIGHT to choose to take it. No one, especially government has the right to force anyone.

The swine flu has killed 1000 people in the US, so far. Each year the REGULAR FLU kills over 36,000 people.

Regular flu has killed thousands since January - CNN.com
    <---CLICK

So what makes the swine flu an "emergency?" Remember when bird flu was going to kill us all? Now it's swine flu. :rolleyes:

EXACTLY. Even though the flu season really hasn't started, that number is not bad compared to previous years. Yes, it's another bug, but it's takign the place of the regular flu. So there is a trade off and the two should be counted together, the regular flu and the H1N1

Where did you get your doctrine? My Grandson has it and i probibly done more research on the subject than most.

I too assume you meant degree. I didn't get my research solely from the internet. I got mine also from talking with those who work specifically with natural and herbal cures and remedies.And those people DO have their degrees. One from IU Med as it turns out. They gave me some resource websites and I went to them. I hope your son gets better soon, but rest assured he will get better.

Has he ever had the flu shot? Ever?

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    ...I too assume you meant degree. I didn't get my research solely from the internet. I got mine also from talking with those who work specifically with natural and herbal cures and remedies.And those people DO have their degrees. One from IU Med as it turns out. They gave me some resource websites and I went to them. I hope your son gets better soon, but rest assured he will get better.

This^^

DJL, I, too, hope your son recovers quickly. I neglected to say that above, and Ryan, thanks for saying it and reminding me.

I used to work in an emergency room. We were forever getting calls of "Is there a bug (sometimes asked "is there something") going around?"

The answer was, "Always."

There is the anecdote also of the person who went to see his doctor with a bad case of bug-du-jour. The doc prescribed him a medicine, and he asked, "How long before I feel better, doc?"

The answer: "Seven days if you take this, otherwise, it'll take a week."

What it all comes down to is that there is much hype over this and many of us are of the opinion that it's all just fear-mongering, designed to create a crisis; recall that as someone above alluded, White House Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel is quoted as saying something to the effect of "Never let a good crisis go to waste." (This is a paraphrase, not exact.)

Has he ever had the flu shot? Ever?

I did, once. It worked.

I got the flu. :twocents:

Blessings,
    Bill

CSK22

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    Stoplight City
    So far I have 4 friends who have it. It is absolutely awful according to them, I wish anyone who gets it the best of luck!

I declare Obama a national emergency!

Big John

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    My nephew had it, was diagnosed with it Oct. 16th he was fine within days.

Oddly enough his Father(my brother) refused to have the nasal thing done in school that they were administering on Oct. 12th so what happen is all the other little sneezing, coughing brats gave a weakened form of the Virus to him.

He was at my parents house today for a Halloween party with a few neighbor kids, he is feeling great and had a good time.

My brother had a fever for 2 days and felt like hell, but he too is feeling great now.

Top Bottom