• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    President Obama postponed today's visit to Indianapolis so he can stay in Washington to help reach a budget agreement and head off a shutdown of the federal government.

This budget should have been signed, sealed, and delivered BEFORE the election last year. Mr. President should have been leaning on congress to do their job THEN. So here we are with the last day of funding, and now he decides to get involved.

If the federal government shuts down because of this, our military will not be paid.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    If these evil Republicans had just gone along with obama and the democrats
    and gave them all the money they wanted to spend that we don't have, then
    my man obama would still be coming to town.

Dang. I had my ticket and my :popcorn: and was ready to go see him. :(

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Good, let him work for a change.

I'm kinda looking forward to a "shutdown". We'll all get a reminder about just how DEPENDENT we've gotten on our sugar daddy government, and I'll get a better parking spot at my office for a while! (DHS has some offices here)

drobpk

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2011
    Indy and South Florida
    Not politically expedient

President Obama postponed today's visit to Indianapolis so he can stay in Washington to help reach a budget agreement and head off a shutdown of the federal government.

This budget should have been signed, sealed, and delivered BEFORE the election last year. Mr. President should have been leaning on congress to do their job THEN. So here we are with the last day of funding, and now he decides to get involved.

If the federal government shuts down because of this, our military will not be paid.

The reason the budget was not passed last year was because it was an election year and queen Pelosi knew that passing a horific budget like this one would have meant an even worse election result for her cronies!

By the way how could the people of Nevada be stupid enough to let Harry Reid back in?

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    He and his radical cronies needed more time to point blame at the Republicans and come up with a game plan to attack Trump.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    He and his radical cronies needed more time to point blame at the Republicans and come up with a game plan to attack Trump.

I am not really liking the idea of a Trump campaign for President, but it does make me smile to know that he (Trump) is becoming quite the thorn in the Kenyan's side. :laugh:

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I am not really liking the idea of a Trump campaign for President, but it does make me smile to know that he (Trump) is becoming quite the thorn in the Kenyan's side. :laugh:

I agree with you there. I am just amused at Trumps' tenacity and willingness to go after the truth.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    If these evil Republicans had just gone along with obama and the democrats
    and gave them all the money they wanted to spend that we don't have, then
    my man obama would still be coming to town.

Dang. I had my ticket and my :popcorn: and was ready to go see him. :(

Don't worry...I'm sure the evil (R) will cave an drop from their 100 billion cut down to about I'm guessing 1 billion cuts, call it a victory...?....an obama will be in Indy next week.......tickets are good all through April.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    I keep hearing the military will not get paid. Is this even true? Does that mean SS checks will not get paid either?

During Clinton's term in office there was a shutdown and we never heard about the military not getting paid.

badwolf.usmc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2011
    2 hourse SE of Chicago
    I keep hearing the military will not get paid. Is this even true? Does that mean SS checks will not get paid either?

During Clinton's term in office there was a shutdown and we never heard about the military not getting paid.

The military gets paid on the 1st & 15th of every month. If there is a government shutdown then they will get half a paycheck on the 15th. If the government shutdown lasts until the 1st of next month then they will not get paid at all on the 1st. If a budget gets passed then they will get any backpay on the 1st of next month.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    The military gets paid on the 1st & 15th of every month. If there is a government shutdown then they will get half a paycheck on the 15th. If the government shutdown lasts until the 1st of next month then they will not get paid at all on the 1st. If a budget gets passed then they will get any backpay on the 1st of next month.

I wonder why none of this ever came up with other shutdowns in the past.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    In the shutdown under Clinton the military got paid because of a bill that extended/excluded them from that shutdown. Unfortunately Obama said he will just veto a measure like that should it cross his desk. Of course he's never been in the military so he has no idea what a hardship it is on these men and women. You send an inexperienced man in to do a job like POTUS and this is what you get. The man is a disaster. He's in serious need of a backbone. Clinton had two shutdowns, one in 95 and one in 96.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    But the members of congress will still be getting paid if there is a shutdown, while the military who are defending their freedom has to wait.....obama an the (D) are a total joke....an the media plays in their favor, an the sheep keep believing them....an some people say Americans aren't stupid.....I can prove about half are....but obama must be slipping a little, FOX reported that his approval from 90% of blacks has just dropped to only 85%.....hope this isn't racial......?.......enter Al Sharpton.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2009
    Dyer
    He needs some well deserved "rest and relaxation" in Williamsburg this weekend. I don't know any other American that works two straight weeks without a vacation! He must be exhausted!

Maybe we should give him a statue.

Top Bottom