Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Oath Keepers: Oath Keepers: Orders We Will Not Obey

From Oath-Keepers blogspot com:

Washington+at+Valley+Forge.jpg

"The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves; whether they are to have any property they can call their own; whether their Houses, and Farms, are to be pillaged and destroyed, and they consigned to a State of Wretchedness from which no human efforts will probably deliver them. The fate of unborn Millions will now depend, under God, on the Courage and Conduct of this army" - Gen. George Washington, to his troops before the battle of Long Island

Such a time is near at hand again. The fate of unborn millions will now depend, under God, on the Courage and Conduct of this Army - and this Marine Corps, This Air Force, This Navy and the National Guard units of these sovereign states.

Oath Keepers is a non-partisan association of currently serving military, reserves, National Guard, peace officers, and veterans who swore an oath to support and de
    fend the Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic … and meant it.

Our oath is to the Constitution, not to the President, and that oath will be
    kept. We won’t “just follow orders."

OATH KEEPERS: ORDERS WE WILL NOT OBEY

1.We will NOT obey orders to disarm the American people.
    2.We will NOT obey orders to conduct warrantless searches of the American people
    3.We will NOT obey orders to detain American citizens as “unlawful enemy combatants” or to subject them to military tribunal.
    4. We will NOT obey orders to impose martial law or a “state of emergency” on a state.
    5.We will NOT obey orders to invade and subjugate any state that asserts its sovereignty.
    6.We will NOT obey any order to blockade American cities, thus turning them into giant concentration camps.
    7.We will NOT obey any order to force American citizens into any form of detention camps under any pretext.
    8.We will NOT obey orders to assist or support the use of any foreign troops on U.S. soil against the American people to “keep the peace” or to “maintain control.”
    9.We will NOT obey any orders to confiscate the property of the American people, including food and other essential supplies.

10.We will NOT obey any orders which infringe on the right of the people to free speech, to peaceably assemble, and to petition their government for a redress of grievances.

(I think the site is worth looking at and sharing with others.)

syntax357

Plinker
    Rating - 96.8%
    30   1   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Syracuse, Indiana
    When i joined the service I swore to defend the Constitution aginst all enemies forigen and domestic. That same thing holds true today. Now the parts about "obey the orders of the president and officers appointed above me" well now thats a different story. I am no longer in the military so I dont have to follow thoes orders. The above oath applies as well

Go Devil

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    When i joined the service I swore to defend the Constitution aginst all enemies forigen and domestic. That same thing holds true today. Now the parts about "obey the orders of the president and officers appointed above me" well now thats a different story. I am no longer in the military so I dont have to follow thoes orders. The above oath applies as well

Remember, they needed to be LAWFUL to be obeyed.

Richard

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm betting this site is on some government watch list...

LOL yea because people like us who espouse things like "patriotism" & "loyalty" are now probably considered national security threats, for those who don't know it was like that for the 8 years of the Clinton administraiton too, they also considered what they called "ultra-patriots" to be a national security threat.

I wonder why that is...

Last edited:

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008

In the oath I took obedience to orders was conditional:

I, (NAME), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.

Since separating, neither military regulations nor the UCMJ apply to me, therefore, since obedience to orders was according to those, obedience is not required either.

The rest of the oath, however, is, as far as I'm concerned, still in force.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I'm pretty sure the oath I took covers these points, either specifically or in general terms. I swore to obey and defend our Constitution and these fall within that frame.

lumpy39us

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    I pledge Allegience to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands ONE NATION UNDER GOD indivisible with LIBERTY and JUSTICE for ALL!!

PatMcGroyne

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Honey Creek
    Uh-oh!!

Went to Oath-Keepers, to join up. I am USAFSS, retired, disabled Viet Vet and have been there done that and had most of it done to me. Wanted to be among Brothers, but when I tried, I got this :: "Administrators have forbidden any new members.." Well, so be it. I'm still a patriot. Pat

Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    Went to Oath-Keepers, to join up. I am USAFSS, retired, disabled Viet Vet and have been there done that and had most of it done to me. Wanted to be among Brothers, but when I tried, I got this :: "Administrators have forbidden any new members.." Well, so be it. I'm still a patriot. Pat

Isn't it illegal now to speak out against the government???? Maybe not yet.. Wait for it...

oathkeepers

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2009
    Hey folks- someone emailed us and said they read someone over here couldn't sign up for Oath keepers. I'm not sure where that error came from-blogspot sometimes has a mind of its own.

We have an open membership. Pretty much just send us an email at oathkeepersok@gmail.com saying "I'm in" and you're in . Hopefully no one will mind if I just post the news letter here answering a lot of questions people have.

Thanks guys-sorry if this is somewhat trollish

G.I. J Oathkeepers

Fellow Oath Keepers,

We just wanted to send a message out to everyone to let you know we are working feverishly to answer everyone’s emails individually, so if you haven’t received an answer yet, please don’t think we’ve forgotten you. It’s just that we have received hundreds and hundreds of emails. It’s fantastic to see Oath Keepers take off like a rocket in this way, but it does make it hard to keep up!

If you have sent in a testimonial either by email or in the comments and it hasn’t been posted yet, rest assured it will be. But still, if more than a week goes by and you don’t see yours up on the blog yet, please email us to make sure we did not overlook it somehow.

Your testimonials are powerful and vital to the success of this effort. These testimonials are all so moving that we have a tough times getting through them to post without tearing up. If you heard me (Stewart) on the radio this past week you heard my voice crack more than once during the reading of some testimonials. There are some that are so moving I really just cannot read them aloud.

We are hearing over and over again what an impact they are having, with many people all over the web commenting on how moving the testimonials are and also commenting on how it really got their attention and made them think to see such serious, no bull men – many of them combat vets – expressing such serious thoughts about the future of our nation. You are having a tremendous impact. We now see some very, very serious discussions about the meaning of the oath and when it is right to refuse orders, among current duty, vets, and cops, which is exactly what we wanted to see happen.

Here is just one example of such a discussion on AR15.com:
    Soldiers pledge to refuse disarmament demands - AR15.COM

We encourage you to read that thread and see the impact that Oath Keepers is having. And that is but one example of hundreds of similar conversations all over the web.

And here is another veteran on Youtube expressing his thoughts about us. His mention about Oath Keepers starts at around 3:20:
    YouTube - Economy, Oath keepers

He was justifiably impressed by the testimonials many of you have sent in and our mission. We’re trying to post no more than five testimonials a day so that everyone’s can spend time at the top.

Retired SEAL Captain Larry Bailey of Gathering of Eagles Invites Oath Keepers to Take Part in His Home rally in June!
    Renowned retired Navy SEAL Captain Larry Bailey contacted us and invited Oath Keepers to take part in a rally on the DC Mall on June 13, 2008. So, as part of our outreach program, Oath Keepers will be listed as a sponsor (though it won’t cost us anything!) in exchange for our putting up a banner ad for the event on our site, and we will have a booth at the rally, which may have as many as 30,000 people in attendance. And I may even be asked to speak. Captain Bailey fully supports Oath Keepers and Stewart and Captain Bailey will be working together on several other projects. This is a very important development because Captain Bailey is so well respected in the special warfare community.

We already have a couple active duty military and police who will be there (out of uniform), but we certainly welcome more! Ideally, we need at least one from each branch. And we also need some vets to come with us to man the booth and talk to folks there. If you would like to join us and help us get the message out to thousands of other vets and active duty, please email me directly.

Oath Keepers in the news and on the air!
    In the two weeks we’ve been up, well over 100,000 people have been to the blog. We have received much national attention but the real impact has been from all of you!
    WorldNetDaily did an article on us and we almost didn’t notice when it went up. Our stat counter showed WND as only a fraction of the people coming in from message boards, forums and blog comments. I think you guys have hijacked just about every thread on Glenn Beck’s 9/12 site!

So please keep doing what you’re doing, continue posting comments on the blog, sending in testimonials, commenting on the video, sparking discussions on the “what if.” And please keep letting others know about this effort.
    Here is just some of the media attention we have gotten:
    Worldnetdaily:
    Soldiers Pledge to Refuse Disarmament Demand
    Soldiers pledge to refuse disarmament demands
    That article has been re-posted all over the web.
    G. Gordon Liddy Show on Wed. March 18. Talkin’ to the G-Man! You can listen on podcast:
    http://feeds.radioamerica.org/podcast/GGL/audio/000003_008036.mp3
    If you like what you hear, please send it around to others.
    Alex Jones, Thursday March 19. Yes, some of you may discount him as a conspiracy theorist, but the man certainly has been on top of many important developments the mainstream press just won’t cover, and there is no denying he is a patriot – and he has nearly 4 million listeners.
    (Just for the record, the Alex Jones show put up the wrong photo and that is NOT Stewart Rhodes in the photo they stuck up on youtube along with the video. We don’t know who that is!)
    Part 1 of 4
    YouTube - Stewart Rhodes on Alex Jones Tv 1/4:Oath Keepers
    2 of 4
    YouTube - Stewart Rhodes on Alex Jones Tv 2/4:Oath Keepers
    3 of 4
    YouTube - Stewart Rhodes on Alex Jones Tv 3/4:Oath Keepers
    4 of 4
    YouTube - Stewart Rhodes on Alex Jones Tv 4/4:Oath Keepers
    We have several other radio appearances being scheduled. We will post them on the blog.
    If you know of a show you think we should be on, please feel free to send the show any info from the site or to point them to any of the above media appearances.

Many people have asked how to join.
    The technical limitations of blogspot are many and so a join button is difficult within the frames of this blog. Once the more professional site is up at www.oathkeepers.org, we will have more formal membership sign up process.
    Meanwhile, we will consider all of you who have emailed us to be members. If you want to send us more complete info on you, such as name and phone number, all the better. If you’re active duty, feel free to remain anonymous and just touch base to let us know how you’re spreading the word. If you are active duty and insist on posting a testimonial with your name on it, as a few have, then we will also add you to the list. You do not have to be a veteran, LEO or active military to be a part of what we’re doing. You just have to be determined to leave your children and grand-children a free country.
    Upcoming Projects
    We are working on many, many projects.
    A professional emblem designer is donating his time (from Canada) to create an emblem for a site banner, challenge coins, T-shirts ect
    Tribute video:
    One upcoming project is a tribute video to veterans. This video will be set to the haunting and stirring song “Minstrel Boy’ as sung by Joe Strummer:
    YouTube - Black Hawk Down-Minstrel Boy
    This will be to honor the men who, in their youth, many of them mere boys, went to war and sacrificed so much, with many of them not returning, and others returning wounded and scarred. The theme will be that these men gave so much in the fight against fascism and communism, and we owe it to them to make sure that their sacrifice was not in vain.

So, if you have photos of military and law enforcement family members (or of yourself) when they we young, that you would like to see in the video (particularly veterans of WWII, Korea, and Viet Nam) please email them in.
    If possible, include the name, unit, and years served, or their birth and death dates(if applicable). You can see an example of this in the site tribute (a picture of a young Marine who went off to war at the age of 16). But even if you don’t know all of that info, please send the photo along with whatever info you have.
    If you send in pictures, then at least one photo of each vet you want to honor will make it into the video. We may not be able to use them all, since we want to make sure other vets get in, but we will certainly use all of them if we can!
    That will be a powerful, moving video.

Video of Active Duty and Vets Reading the Ten Orders We Will Not Obey:
    This will be a very powerful and important part of out outreach effort! The short video we have up now is actually a trailer and teaser for this longer ten minute video. We will take short video clips of active duty military, police, and also veterans reading off each of the ten orders we will not obey and we will splice them all into a montage of faces and voices with each one of you who appear in the video reading a short part of the declaration. We hope to get dozens or even a hundred people in the video, young, old, black, white, brown, etc. from all branches, and ranging from young active duty guys, old gunnies, officers, and Vietnam vets. So, please make a video of yourself or another vet (and especially the older vets, from WWII, Korea, and Vietnam) reading from the list of ten orders and the full explanations. You can read all of one of the ten or you can read them all – up to you. We would especially like to see active duty read the first part of each of the ten, stating “we will NOT obey orders to ____” and then the rest can be read by vets, giving the history and the reasons why.
    If you are willing, please take a video camera to a gun show, to a VFW hall, VA hospital, or other places where vets come together, and find the older combat vets and show them the declaration of ten orders and ask them to read from them while you film. Please ask their permission to use the footage in a video to be sent all over.
    If you don’t know how to email a video, you can send us a tape (email for a snail mail address). If you have any questions, please email us.
    Our new site along with message boards, FAQs and printable outreach materials will be up soon but we will maintain the blog and all testimonials will continue to be posted there.
    Proofreading; Feel free to let us know if you see any typos. And those who have offered to proofread don’t be surprised if you find your email box filled with attachments soon.

Thanks everyone, together we will win back the hearts and minds of own troops.

Stewart Rhodes
    Founder of Oath Keepers

Top Bottom