• ...and so much more!
  • ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    ?Chilling?: NYC Mayor Bill de Blasio?s State of the City address would make Lenin proud | Twitchy

Known communist, Bill deBlasio, went on a Twitter soapbox today to preach the tenants of communism. Advocating for taxing the rich, anti-corporate talk, etc...

A lot of his language makes him sound like those "Communism is great in theory, it's just never been implemented right! We can do it right!" kinds of people.

Unfortunate for him, people are still free to flee the state before it becomes a wasteland.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    First thing I thought of was: "Ein Reich, Ein Volk, Ein Fuehrer!"

Same difference...

They're really scraping the bottom of the barrel in NYC these days. And I thought Chicago had set the standard for low.

Last edited:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    If a government reflects its people, I'd say they got exactly what they wanted in NYC. DiBlasio's Maxist fondness certainly was no secret.

ghostdncr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Louisville
    Not really terrifying in any sense of the word. I think sad is a better descriptor. Sad the inhabitants of our nation have devolved to the point that many don't recognize the foolishness of his words.

Seems like "raise the floor" is de Blasio's "common sense." Say it over and over until the sheep begin to repeat it. From no less than Benjamin Franklin: I am for doing good to the poor, but I differ in opinion of the means. I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it. In my youth I travelled much, and I observed in different countries, that the more public provisions were made for the poor, the less they provided for themselves, and of course became poorer. And, on the contrary, the less was done for them, the more they did for themselves, and became richer.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    All for big media consumption, he won't touch the big money in nyc, it's the machine that elected him. Middle class folks on the other hand................

5.56'aholic

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    <- tragic boating accident
    The problem is simple: the people think they are voting in someone like Tyler Durden who will step in and implement Project Mayhem to level the playing field. The problem is he has no intentions of leveling the playing field, only preventing others from crawling out from under oppression. It is why communism always fails. The people realize this after several decades of being reduced to serfs and revolt.

Top Bottom