• ...and so much more!
  • cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    Well, this is certainly a setback for the gun owners of NY. I don't get the judges ruling in this case, as it seems fairly clear that the SAFE Act does infringe on the plaintiffs Constitutional Rights. Guess they'll have to keep taking the case up the ladder till they find a judge who actually knows Constitutional law.

NY judge dismisses lawsuit challenging Safe Act | syracuse.com

One way or the other, this will eventually crawl up to the NY Supreme Court. This was only a county court.

But don't hold your breath on the outcome at state level.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    I'm guessing after this decision Bloomberg may be down to 49 million left to spend on gun control.

EDIT: Actually, with the cost of living being so high in New York (even for a judge), he might be down to 48 million.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    They will have to get it into Federal court to win. From what I can find, there does not appear to be any protection in the NY constitution for the RKBA.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    They will have to get it into Federal court to win. From what I can find, there does not appear to be any protection in the NY constitution for the RKBA.

I feel a little better now. Given that New York was party to the reason for general recognition of that right, I was more inclined to think I was simply unable to find it. At least now I have confirmation that I could not find it because it is not there.

Patriot3

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Kokomo
    I agree with the above post that people are short on common sense today and that most people do not want to take the time to look into things, but instead take the easy route and just say their opinion aka like the judge turning down the case.

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What is wrong with the people in new york state and most of the north east coast?

Heavy democrat, even progressive. Little religious involvement, most seem to be lapse catholics. A moral void that the left can push their new morality on. The left has been very effective in destroying all traditional values in that region.

One good thing, this region is a target rich environment for the evangelicals to church plant.

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Top Bottom