Not open for further replies.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    PLEASE VOTE ON WHEN THE NEXT MEET & SHOOT SHOULD BE. NOTE THAT SAT 23 OCT 2010 is the NWI APPLESEED.

Where:

Winamac Fish and Wildlife Area
    Rifle/Shotgun/Handgun
    Range: Pulaski CR 200W, .25
    mile north of CR 500N, Winamac 46996
    (574) 946-4422
    PDF Map: http://www.in.gov/dnr/fishwild/files/fw_Winamac_map.pdf
    The range is right above circle #4 on the map.
    You can see it from the side of the road. DO NOT follow the sign for the SKEET RANGE that goes EAST INTO the park.

How To Get There:
    From the Griffith/Highland, IN area
    1) Take US 30 EAST
    2) Take RT 39 SOUTH
    3) Take RT 10 EAST

Now either
    4) Take Co. Rd 800 N (gravel road) which will become Co. Rd. N. 200 W SOUTH & you will see the range on your left hand side
    or
    4) Take US 35 SOUTH
    5) Take C. Rd 500 N WEST
    6) Take Co. Rd. 200 W NORTH (gravel road) & you will see the range on your right hand side.

When:
    TBD VIA VOTE
    Time: 10am CST (Chicago Time) @ the 25 yard range

For those of you who have not been to Winamac range please see these AAR:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/943648-post67.html
    and
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/ingo_e...on_report.html
    and
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/ingo_e...d_shoot-8.html

Here is an image of what the 25' yard looks like:
    http://www.majhost.com/gallery/jediagh/guns/nwi-ingo/nwi-ingo_05-outing_001.jpg

Attendance:
    Equipment:

Handguns

Rifle

Shotgun
    Please note we can only use #4 or smaller shells on the 25' yard range. Birdshot is OK as well. You can use other loads on the 100' yard range.

Food:
    I would like a volunteer or two to handle the food stuff. Donations or members bringing in items would work. However the "food committee" wants to deal with this is OK with me.

NWI INGO Food Committee Chair #1: :dunno:
    NWI INGO Food Committee Chair #2: :dunno:

We are allowed to bring food (ie small gas grills) onto the range. Last time hot dogs were cooked on a small propane grill, chips, brownies, cake and cookies were brought along with sodas and lemonade.

Please pitch in by bringing something if you can.

Food Items Coming

NWI INGO Range Officer:
    I would like a volunteer or two to handle being the offical INGO 25' range officer and have us as a group go over the rules and observe us all on the line.

NWI INGO RO #1: :dunno:
    NWI INGO RO #2: :dunno:

Additional Volunteers: :dunno:

Jediagh will be bringing the NWI INGO Range Day Rules flyer that AuntieBellum put together.

Plywood Donation for the Range:
    DNR can only put new plywood up on Mondays. I would like for us as a group to donate some money to get new plywood for the 25' yard (3 plywoods) and see if someone can bring it. Either on Sat/Sun when we go or the Monday of the week we go to have it up for us. DNR advised that the state has tighten their funds so they can't always put fresh plywood up. The 11 JUL 10 outing plywood was heavily damaged before we got there and I'm sure by the time we left it was even worse.

NWI INGO Plywood Person:
    :dunno:

Donations were taken last time and we gave the DNR 6 pieces of plywood. :rockwoot:Clif45 has enough money for 6 more plywood for this go-around. Donations will be appreciated so we can bring plywood again in OCT as well.

Need free printable targets? Try this post:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/general_firearms_discussion/79176-free_targets.html

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    I voted for Oct. 16th as this is National Boss Day and it would be fitting to put a picture or likeness of the boss on the back stop to celebrate the day.

AuntieBellum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Rensselaer
    I'm soooo sad that I missed yesterday's get together. I'm sure everyone had a great time, though! That said, I voted for Oct 10th. That's the only day I'm free.

As for anyone interested in attending the Appleseed, the link is here. :D
    I'd recommend signing up soon, too. I don't know the capacity, but I'm certain there were at least 6 people signed up within about 24 hours of the link going live last week. :rockwoot:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I voted for the 16th. I'd be just as happy with the 9th.

Either of these will likely be the last NWI INGO meet & shoots that I will make as high school fencing season is starting up now and I'm team armorour for my daughter's team so I travel with the team on weekends. Season ends in the early spring.

Cigar Bob

Plinker
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2010
    Mishawaka, Indiana
    Sorry I missed the Winamac shoot Saturday but was at a Security Meeting in Lima Ohio. It was great to see that are church security team was right on track in the direction of how a church security team should be heading. Took four members of our team there is was sponsored by the Lima Police Dept. I hope you guys had a great time, I am looking forward to the next event in Winamac.:popcorn:

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    I may try to come if its the 9th or 10th. The 16th and 17th is an Appleseed in Wabash that I've laready signed up for. My first! So I could use some 25 yard .22 practice the weekend before! Might try driving over for it.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I have no REAL preference as to the date. I will have to look and see when I am working now that I am back to work. Sundays are always good for me. saturdays not so much it seems.....

Well ghost we have a stack of 1 month old hot dogs that you did not eat from the AUG Meet & Shoot and I'm sure Melensdad has some soggy SEP Meet & Shoot hotdogs to add to that pile since you dissed us for the MG outing. :D You missed sipping on Purple Koo-Aid while shooting a Hi-Point "gangbanger style". Plus u missed my kid sister shooting CLif's goosegun!

LocustsOfSteel

Plinker
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Beverly Shores
    Wow, only 3 days into this thread and there are already 22 votes and 12 unanimous, I'll check back in a week to see the progress, it should be interesting to see the final attendance.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Suspect that Sat. 16 OCt 2010 will be the winner.
    Also why I spam the entire INGO NWI social group (134 members) while all may vote not everyone ends up going. I think the most we have had was close to 40 about 2 meets ago. That was a LOT of guns & people that day!

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Andy219 can also teach the kids how to bedazzle their EDC along with how to hold the new and improved pistol for marksmanship training with extra points for using a Hi-Point pistol.

LocustsOfSteel

Plinker
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Beverly Shores
    Andy219 can also teach the kids how to bedazzle their EDC along with how to hold the new and improved pistol for marksmanship training with extra points for using a Hi-Point pistol.

Noooo... Don't you guys dare teach those kids dirty words like "Hi-Point", might as well tutor them in ebonics and watered down gang symbols while your at it lol.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom