• Status
    Not open for further replies.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Worrying about online fraud is like worrying about being struck by lightning.

Again, the things you guys fret over is unreal. Pretty sure I've written less than 20 checks in my life. If I visit a bank 2x a year that would shock me. It's usually to get 300 in $1/$5 for Mexico trip.

Let me guess: $1 for the small margarita, $5 for the fishbowl size margarita with bamboo umbrella?

:thatshot:

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    I lol at this article. Born and raised in LS. Work in the city for the past 23 years. I can name a crap load of cities that, at least in my opinion, in Indiana that would be worse to live in

Looks like a click-bait article to me. Web people gotta post something, so they post crapola with a headline.

I mean, you don't have to go far for Gary, and who'd rather live in Gary than LS? No offense to any here from Gary, just sayin ...

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I lol at this article. Born and raised in LS. Work in the city for the past 23 years. I can name a crap load of cities that, at least in my opinion, in Indiana that would be worse to live in

My late ex-BF Fred lived in Lake Station, and when we were together, I spent a lot of time there. Shopped at the Arab-owned grocery store, the pawn shop next to the liquor store, and the little Mexican store. Had many a cone at the Dairy Queen and ate my body weight in Mexican food at this little place that I think was next to a phone store. Drove up and down the streets on the east side of town a lot. Many if not most of the yards were well-kept. The people I met were friendly--in fact, friendlier than the people in Crown Point where I grew up.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Worrying about online fraud is like worrying about being struck by lightning.

Again, the things you guys fret over is unreal. Pretty sure I've written less than 20 checks in my life. If I visit a bank 2x a year that would shock me. It's usually to get 300 in $1/$5 for Mexico trip.
    You are extremely naive.

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    I buy online daily.

I send money through 3 of the big payment apps.

I have 7 credit cards linked to my digital wallet.

I swipe my phone at gas pumps and stores..

I have zero fear of anything happening because if it does, it's a text message away and it's fixed. No worries.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I buy online daily.

I send money through 3 of the big payment apps.

I have 7 credit cards linked to my digital wallet.

I swipe my phone at gas pumps and stores..

I have zero fear of anything happening because if it does, it's a text message away and it's fixed. No worries.
    Like I said, you are extremely naïve. Using services is one thing, but thinking there is no fear in doing so is another. You have to be very careful of everything you do online. The websites you visit, links you click on, emails you read. When you think you're too smart to fall for something like that is when you will.

Depending upon how bad you are taken, it can take a lot more than just a text message to fix. Full on identity theft has ruined people's whole financial lives.

The best advice I can give anyone is to get a password manager app. Use it to randomly generate every password for every app or site. Use as long a password as allowed. Assume any password you have used a lot has been compromised. Don't save your passwords in your browser.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom