• Status
    Not open for further replies.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    I couldn't agree more and have been saying the same for years. Why tax breaks for children when children take more from
    the system.

School referendums are ignorant also and equates to nothing more than welfare. Let the parents that want to keep pumping out the kids pay more for the schools. School sports are nothing more than government sponsored child care.

I did not go to public schools and my parents payed property tax, the majority of which goes into the school system. I have no
    kids and payed property taxes my entire life, the majority of which goes to the school system and I'm not seeing much of a
    return on my investment.

I used to get phone calls asking for donations to charity that supported the schools. Used to tell them I have no kids, pay the
    property taxes of which the majority go to the school system so consider that my donation to the children.

Feel good "do it for the children" bull :poop: .
    This guy gets it... Damn parents constantly costing good non parents money instead of shouldering their own financial burdens.

Max Volume

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland
    My parents payed the taxes AND payed for my parochial schooling. ALL property taxes payed by people who send
    their children to parochial school should be null and void for every year their children go to such a school. I believe that has
    been discussed in government before but we all know how far that went.
    You had the rats, YOU pay for them. People who have kids and can't afford to send them to school would be a good Darwin example. Humans are the only species that protect the dumbest, feeble, inept of their kind and the result of such behavior
    has become so obvious a blind man can see it.

cg21

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    My parents payed the taxes AND payed for my parochial schooling. ALL property taxes payed by people who send
    their children to parochial school should be null and void for every year their children go to such a school. I believe that has
    been discussed in government before but we all know how far that went.
    You had the rats, YOU pay for them. People who have kids and can't afford to send them to school would be a good Darwin example. Humans are the only species that protect the dumbest, feeble, inept of their kind and the result of such behavior
    has become so obvious a blind man can see it.
    Agree.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    The sad thing about the school situation is that no matter how much they raise taxes, it is never enough. They still have the kids begging with constant fundraisers. All that and the kids perform no better or worse than historically.

School systems need to seriously cut their spending.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Not saying I agree or disagree, but going to play devil's advocate. Should those households that don't pay property taxes into the school system have some sort of lien put on their house so they don't benefit from the higher property values that a top school system brings to a community? If they haven't paid into the school system, why should they reap the benefits when they go to sell their house?

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    The sad thing about the school situation is that no matter how much they raise taxes, it is never enough. They still have the kids begging with constant fundraisers. All that and the kids perform no better or worse than historically.

School systems need to seriously cut their spending.
    You're right, never enough. We have some of the largest funding as a percentage of the state budget going to education but our teachers are some of the lowest paid and our schools are mediocre. Most communities have referendums to get more money out of us as well. Meanwhile the administration is racking in the salary.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Most communities have referendums to get more money out of us as well.
    Stuck it to us in Hobart a few years back on this.
    New middle school and an Olympic size swimming pool at the HS.

Didn't need either, but most definitely didn't need the pool.

They marketed it as "tax neutral" but what the failed to mention was the property tax cap that Lake county was exempt from for so many years was finally to be implemented, so people's property taxes were set to actually go down, not up, or stay the same. And even more ****ed up was the fact if your house was assessed under $120k your taxes actually went up, like mine.

Was set to get a reduction of roughly $300 per year in property tax, but instead of staying "neutral" they went up $200. So basically it costs me an additional $500 per year

cg21

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Not saying I agree or disagree, but going to play devil's advocate. Should those households that don't pay property taxes into the school system have some sort of lien put on their house so they don't benefit from the higher property values that a top school system brings to a community? If they haven't paid into the school system, why should they reap the benefits when they go to sell their house?
    No. if people are moving there “for the school system” the machine will get more in tax revenue / forced charity. Would be a fair assumption to say if people are moving there for schools that means they have children. So bigdaddymachine still reaps the rewards

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    He is obviously one of those evil parents costing people without children money and cannot be trusted. Therefore, he is a witch.

Max Volume

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom