• Status
    Not open for further replies.

dyerwatcher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 7, 2009
    Colorado
    Hey everyone-asking for your help on a good restaurant recommendation within say an hour give or take of 30 & 41. I want to take the Corvette out one last time before I tuck it away. I am looking for something along the lines of Wagner's, Marty's, Heston's, Prime, Venice or the Lighthouse. We like all of them but want someplace we don't frequent.
    Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Hey everyone-asking for your help on a good restaurant recommendation within say an hour give or take of 30 & 41. I want to take the Corvette out one last time before I tuck it away. I am looking for something along the lines of Wagner's, Marty's, Heston's, Prime Venice or the Lighthouse. We like all of them but want someplace we don't frequent.
    Thanks in advance.
    Prime in downtown Crown Point on the square.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Actaeon is correct. If you don't believe him, take a selfie and hold the camera as close to your face as it can be and still focus. Make sure you are looking at the lens. For results similar to the image being discussed, hold the camera off center (more centered over one eye than the other).

I'm familiar with the concept, but it still makes for a more unattractive picture.

FWIW, I have a lazy left eye also, just like she does. :laugh:

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    The more I think about it, I believe I stand corrected. She probably has a lazy eye. There is no facial distortion and the Depth of Field (DOF) is pretty short (background is out of focus and doesn't appear photoshopped either) which means it was likely a focal length greater than 50mm. Therefore ... the camera could not have been close enough to cause the appearance of being cross eyed as I described.

Good catch, Snap.

:rockwoot:

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    So I think were going to move to Winfield. We don't know much about the area, can any one who lives there shed some insight to life out there?
    What about it? You got LOFS, Stonegate and a few other small neighborhoods. Schools are supposed to be pretty good, HS is in Crown Point. You get to travel down 109th all the time which is crowded, dangerous and sucks ass. You have the only remaining Wiseway, a Walgreens, McDonalds, Little Caesars, DQ in a gas station, and then a few local joints. Winfield liquors is a nice shop for all your booze related needs.

Yep...Crown Point Lite.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    We drove 109th today and it seemed like a nice drive down a country road... Can you please explain why its so bad?

I don't think it's a bad road. I always take 109th from Crown Point to Rt 2 on my way to Blythe's.

I also have a couple of friends who live in LOFS near 109th, and they like it there.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    LOFS is getting sued for firing a grounds keeper for owning firearms.....

Other than that I think your in the sticks kinda....

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    The more I think about it, I believe I stand corrected. She probably has a lazy eye. There is no facial distortion and the Depth of Field (DOF) is pretty short (background is out of focus and doesn't appear photoshopped either) which means it was likely a focal length greater than 50mm. Therefore ... the camera could not have been close enough to cause the appearance of being cross eyed as I described.

Good catch, Snap.
    I would disagree. The epicanthic fold tends to produce the illusion of a lazy eye when seen from an angle.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bikemannc
    Top Bottom