Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    Anyone have an opinion on this (besides me?) - I call BS and kiss my butt. I always edit my ads when they sell, generally remove price, pics, phone, etc. Besides, what good is a price on an old ad? The market moves. What a gun sold for 2 months ago might not mean shine-o-la today.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...m1a-308-rfl-w-n-m-bbl-wlnt-lake-co-south.html

I leave mine intact.

I use other folks' closed threads as a basis for determining if a trade is favorable, if my price on a sale item is appropriate, and if a sale is a good deal.

The used market is extremely volatile. Some guidance in the way of prior sales is extremely valuable, and if I sell a gun, I contribute. Though the vast majority of the time I end up trading.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama

dyerwatcher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 7, 2009
    Colorado
    Get a BELT DRIVE unit. I had to replace an old chain drive unit, picked up a belt drive model and am amazed how much quieter it is and how much smoother it seems to operate.
    Totally agree. I put in a Chamberlain Lift Master and it really pissed off my dog. It's so quiet he doesn't hear it.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    She played tambourines
    With the silver jingles
    And she must have known the words to at least a million tunes
    But the one most requested
    By the man she knew as cowboy

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    Anyone have an opinion on this (besides me?) - I call BS and kiss my butt. I always edit my ads when they sell, generally remove price, pics, phone, etc. Besides, what good is a price on an old ad? The market moves. What a gun sold for 2 months ago might not mean shine-o-la today.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...m1a-308-rfl-w-n-m-bbl-wlnt-lake-co-south.html

umm....you HAVE read the rules for posting ads haven't you? if not you might wanna take a glance at #8 :D

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    Ok as my prior post has shown. I'm out of surgery and home. The knee is feeling kinda beat up, but what else should I expect when I had a major tear on the inside carlidge of my knee as well as a small tear on the outside also. The Dr took care of both and told LadyGhost that if I had waited that it would have a serious problem then. It was good that we caught it and took care of it now instead of later. That was the good news. The bad news (if you consider it such) is I am to have absolutely NO contact physically with her until he sees us both on Thursday. With LadyGhost fighting an infection and me with open wounds he doesn't want to take ANY chances with EITHER of us. I should have a better idea of the course of rehab once I see him on Thursday. From all the info that the Doc has given my work insurance, the insurence has okayed me to be off til March 23. Time will tell though.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    Something of interest for all you 50BMG shooters. This might be old but it's the first time I have seen it.

Story here.

One thing to keep in mind ... if this happens to you or you are present when it happens, please don't lose your mind and start screaming. Whether it's screaming like a banshee or screaming directions/instructions at someone, please don't. You'll help everyone (including the injured person) a lot more by staying calm and taking care of what needs to be taken care of in a calm and purposeful manner.

Man is bleeding and someone is screaming for a towel. How about the chubby guy who was there first takes off his shirt. If you can propel a boat forward with your shirt you can stop some bleeding.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom