• Status
    Not open for further replies.

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Little break from trap shooting last night to test out the .410 dragon breath rounds... pretty cool.

[video]http://www.degei-inc.com/damon/dragonbreath410.mov[/video]

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    and it will EAT your data plan fast...

I have unlimited data, so no problem there, but between the connection time and the ads, it's hardly worth it.

I posted this in the Jeep forum and got ignored. Does anyone think that on vehicles equipped with Sirius/XM, they make the regular radio a POS that doesn't get any reception just so you will be forced to subscribe?

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    Fwiw Iheart is wayyyyyyy better than ad-dora, which was my previous choice. Iheart keeps the same volume each song (mostly) say better than pandora. And NO ADS except the 30 seconds you may have to tolerate when you first turn it on. Listen everyday for 8-10 hours, rarely any issue

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    :faint:
    I should of got an APPLE **NOT**!!!! :rofl:

Almost done with getting the new phone to look/feel/have the data of the old phone.
    What a PITA! Not looking forward to another phone update ever.

Oh I did find out what the error was. Verizon used the old SIM # in the DB for the new phone. :facepalm:

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    I posted this in the Jeep forum and got ignored. Does anyone think that on vehicles equipped with Sirius/XM, they make the regular radio a POS that doesn't get any reception just so you will be forced to subscribe?

I have a really crappy phone, so I don't use the app, I use it on my desktop and don't have any issues with it.
    I agree a bout the crappy radios. The radio in my wife's trailblazer sucks monkey butt.

thoroughbred

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jun 27, 2011
    My houseboat on Lake Michigan
    I just finished Marcus Luttrell's book Lone Survivor and I must say I was deeply moved to the point of tears...If you havent read it, I highly recommend it. I now plan on seeing the movie. If anyone would like to borrow it i would be more than happy to lone it out.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    That's weird, because on both of the Jeeps I've had that had Sirius, the radios could not pull in Chicago stations and could barely pull in the Crown Point/Merrillville stations. I've never had trouble getting Chicago stations before, let alone NW IN stations.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Maybe the question is, why does Jeep put a crappy radio in their vehicle? Or why does Jeep put a crappy antenna on their vehicles that won't reliably grab a signal?

I don't see where auto makers actually get any real compensation from Sirius/XM and apparently none from re-subscriptions. They may get some pittance but not enough to make a real difference. So what is their incentive to make a portion of the radio receiver inferior and a portion superior?

I've got a Sirius radio in one of my current vehicles, don't subscribe to it anymore. The AM/FM portion of the radio also has HD radio. As I live on the fringe area of getting some Chicago radio stations I notice that most of them go in and out of "HD" mode, which can be a bit annoying because the sound quality changes as it changes mode from HD to standard radio. But as I drive north the HD holds its lock and the problem (if you want to call it a problem?) disappears.

But that makes me wonder if you have HD radio and your stations of choice are flipping between standard and HD modes?

maddawg138

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 7, 2013
    La Porte
    I love being in lp county since I get both Chicago and South Bend radio stations... Only thing that sucks is only one station that'd I'd like to listen to (rock 103.9 the bear) is static but its sister station out of the same building (B100) comes in crystal clear. Just boggles my mind. Other than that I have a wider variety of stations to choose from so XM radio is a waste for me.

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    I love being in lp county since I get both Chicago and South Bend radio stations... Only thing that sucks is only one station that'd I'd like to listen to (rock 103.9 the bear) is static but its sister station out of the same building (B100) comes in crystal clear. Just boggles my mind. Other than that I have a wider variety of stations to choose from so XM radio is a waste for me.
    I listen to the bear on iheart radio. There's no boggle, 2 stations, 2 transmitters, one is higher powered than the other.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Well, that was fun. I just hacked through about 5-6" of snowpack and ice in front of two different gates so the NIPSCO(ish) guy can get in to change out the gas meter.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom