Not open for further replies.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Cooper lifeline gls was the brand and name. 125 per tire.
    No peeling on the inside.

Thug that i know of no one switched them. Same brand on front and back but I'll check in a few when i leave.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Unless the camber is so off that the outside edge of the tire is the only part in contact w/ the road, I got nothing. 35 psi seems a little high. Over pressure tires will unevenly wear on the middle of the tread, if aligned correctly. But I don't know. Air them to the proper psi and take them back to ntb. I wouldn't be driving very far on those.

I need new tires myself. I'm losing air bad in one of them.

MTN

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2014
    Laporte Co.
    That's a lot of wear for 4000 miles. I wonder if you ran something over and it got caught under your car and wore the tire down.
    Or t-star stole it and did a ferris bueller with it when you were at work.

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    There are thousands of links here with images of incorrect tire wear. tire wear chart - yahoo Image Search Results

You have a pretty severe problem to wear the tires out that fast. Since you don't seem to notice any unusual handling quirks I suspect a bent tie rod. It could be several different problems adding up, and by looking at the chewed up rim on the wheel covers they have hit a lot of potholes or curbs.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    There are thousands of links here with images of incorrect tire wear. tire wear chart - yahoo Image Search Results

You have a pretty severe problem to wear the tires out that fast. Since you don't seem to notice any unusual handling quirks I suspect a bent tie rod. It could be several different problems adding up, and by looking at the chewed up rim on the wheel covers they have hit a lot of potholes or curbs.
    BINGO

Potentially enough to knock it out of alignment and back into alignment!

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Well the white car has just been given its death notice. Brought it to the tire shop today because the new tires are only 6 months old and the front tires are very badly worn out. You can see the metal inside the rubber of the tire. Mechanic showed me the cause being a very bad alignment which is begin caused by frame bending upward due to rust where frame and motor meet. The bolts are rusted and the rubber is all worn out. They do not recommend changing it because the entire section may not hold once they remove it and due to the age of the car. So for the time being they can do an alignment on the car and replace the 2 front tires. This will buy me some time 4 to 6 months in order to drive safely and look for another car.

Car is 17 years old and has been all over the country in that time frame. Chicago to boston to la and back to Boston and then to san digeo and back to Chicago.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    No meet and shoot for you

oh-no-you-didnt-2.jpeg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom