Not open for further replies.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Anyone else see Megadeth last night at the horseshoe? It was a great show though Dave can't scream like he use to. The music was still awesome.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I started watching it twice, but just couldn't. It was too painful knowing what was coming. I haven't danced on top of a table since prom. My fat ass knows better now.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Got a new hose installed under the hood. Bought some Griot's Garage waterless spray on car wash on a recommendation from a buddy who is in the Chicago Porsche Club & fellow INGO member (DesignerGuy) and am amazed at how well it works, car cleaned up much better than using my hard well water and didn't leave any spots.

Now to continue to de-grease the engine. But no, I'm not breaking out the Q-Tips and going for a 100 point concours car, this is a driver to go on Ice Cream runs!

If you have something you want to clean up and running it through the car wash is not an option then I'd give a second recommendation to the GRIOT's spray on car wash. You will need a lot of clean towels. Please don't tell my wife will all the beach towels from the pool house are now in the laundry :dunno:

IMG_4079_zps08f8b561.jpg

IMG_4078_zps8eaf9625.jpg

IMG_4077_zpsde1ff87e.jpg

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I had a friend in high school that had a jeepster.

This one is a 1967, the first year they were made by Kaiser Motors in Cleveland. Prior to '67 they were made by Willy's and had a somewhat similar, but different body, no roll up windows, etc. Then in 1970 Kaiser was taken over by AMC but those had the same body style that this one has.

This one was restored about 6-7 years ago, not a frame up, but we did have to weld in new floor pans, had to replace the rocker panels, and obviously all new paint. Mine is not quite the right color blue. This is Porsche "Mexcio Blue" because its as close to the original as I could get, but its just about a 1/2 shade off of the original color blue. They were available with either black or white tops/interiors, and in white/white, blue/white, red/white, yellow/white and, I think, green/white.

Any idea what year your friend owned?

ScreenShot2014-07-17at42115PM_zpsc2a494ee.png

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Don't remember the year, but pretty sure it was the Willy.
    No turn signals.
    His dad and him restored cars. He had owned 4 cars before he even had his license. I think the Jeepster was the car he had when he finally got his license.
    Had to use the old fashioned arm signals for turning.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    [video=youtube;RBumgq5yVrA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBumgq5yVrA[/video]

I swear sometimes when I see people sing, their voice doesn't match how they look.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bikemannc
    Top Bottom