• Status
    Not open for further replies.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I still don't think they are worth it, but I also think if a kid needs a real gun that small, they are to young to be shooting or to have proper grasp of the four rules. Generally by the time they can hold a youth model Ruger 10/22, they in general seem to be able to grasp the rules a lot better. But back to my original statement, the Cricket is not worth having.
    You would be wrong

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    I think he meant not worth having in a gun store, or not worth having the kid in the first place (This is SC after all).

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    You would be wrong

I challenge you to prove it sir.

Show me a child who can tell me what the 4 rules are, and what they mean. And can recite them and what they mean when asked out of order. That is something that rogue memorization can't do, that is something that only real knowledge can accomplish at that kind of age. And show me a child that can do that, that can't handle a Ruger 10/22 youth model instead of a Cricket.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I challenge you to prove it sir.

Show me a child who can tell me what the 4 rules are, and what they mean. And can recite them and what they mean when asked out of order. That is something that rogue memorization can't do, that is something that only real knowledge can accomplish at that kind of age. And show me a child that can do that, that can't handle a Ruger 10/22 youth model instead of a Cricket.
    There are a lot of children that could. My granddaughter being one. She is 9 and could not handle the 10/22.

MTN

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2014
    Laporte Co.
    This is he's first summer and he will turn 10 in August. My rule of thumb is if he can start it on he's own he's good to go.

My my little girl is only seven. Have hard time with her to pick up dog crap in yard. She thinks she has me in that palm if her hand.... Wait she does.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    There are a lot of people that would rather teach with a single shot then with an autoloader. Knowing the 4 rules is not a requirement for pulling a trigger, parent's discretion is.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    There are a lot of people that would rather teach with a single shot then with an autoloader. Knowing the 4 rules is not a requirement for pulling a trigger, parent's discretion is.

You are right, knowing the four rules is not a requirement of pulling the trigger. Make sure you tell that to people who have been shot because someone didn't know the four rules before pulling the trigger. The rules are important beyond measure, and if we in the gun owning community ever want to be able to stand on our own instead of pulling the trump card of the second amendment, we probably need to start learning that. I for one and getting sick and tired of people who don't know the four rules making us look bad with ND's and accidental shootings.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom