• Status
    Not open for further replies.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Oh hell NO! Now I get 0 channels. Lines are connected direct and I get nothing. Im hoping its due to the clouds otherwise **** this.

These clouds will NOT affect your signal. They are not thick enough, its not even storming.

You did something wrong somewhere.

STEP 1: Connect 1 TV directly to the antenna. No splitter, no amp, just Antenna > coax cable > TV.
    STEP 2: Then aim your antenna again.

STEP 3: After you get the channels you are expecting and they are coming in as good as you can get, then add in your amp, try again.

STEP 4: After you get that as good as you can get it then add in the splitter and the other 2 wires to the other 2 sets.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I forget. Xfrosty, are you connecting DirecTV, or regular antenna?

If it's DirecTV (or any satellite), you CAN NOT use regular cheap splitters.
    You have to use better splitters. I can't remember what they're called.

And, weather can affect the satellite signal, especially if it is weak to start with.

xfrostybeersx

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 26, 2011
    C.P.
    I forget. Xfrosty, are you connecting DirecTV, or regular antenna?

If it's DirecTV (or any satellite), you CAN NOT use regular cheap splitters.
    You have to use better splitters. I can't remember what they're called.

And, weather can affect the satellite signal, especially if it is weak to start with.
    Antenna... **** direct tv... they chopped up the coax cable in the house.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    The antenna itself needs to be grounded, but not to your electrical ground.
    Large diameter heavy cable, straight into the GROUND. EARTH GROUND.

Don't cheapen on the splitters. The cheap ones are cheap for a reason.

Is your TV rated for digital signals?
    If not, you'll need a digital to analog TV signal converter.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Also, if you are not using pre-made coax, with the ends already on, you need to spend extra time while making the end.
    Too many people put the new connector on 'GOOD ENOUGH".

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    The antenna is facing NNW....Correct?

Yes, but are you sure it is not facing SSE instead? Many people actually turn their antenna 180 degrees backwards because 'it looks right' that way.

The widest part of the antenna should be on the south side of the antenna, the narrowest part should be pointed roughly NNW. But you'd be surprised how directional an antenna can be, so you really need to fine tune your aim.

As for GROUNDING, if the antenna is OUTSIDE then yes it should be grounded. If it is inside your attic then it does not have to be grounded. Grounding will NOT affect your signal. But if it gets hit by lightning (I've had 3 of them blown off my roof by lightning) you will appreciate the ground wire!

Larry is 100% correct about the ends of the Coax cables. And he echoes the points I've made about splitters.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Oh hell NO! Now I get 0 channels. Lines are connected direct and I get nothing. Im hoping its due to the clouds otherwise **** this.

Stay the course... Stay the course... Don't give your money to DirecTV or the cable company. F***** them!!!!

Hooked to splitter now with 2 lines connected. Second tv has over 50 channels too. Im bringing that amp back.

See we told you... :whistle:

If this rain keeps up my lawn is going to be a ***** to cut on Saturday. Oh crap just looked at the forecast for Saturday, 30% chance of rain. Maybe Sunday. :xmad:

I love the rain but agree with this! My grass is a jungle now and every day I get home it's still raining so I can't cut it.
    Where is my snow!!!!!!

xfrostybeersx

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 26, 2011
    C.P.
    I finally found the line that controls the 2nd floor but I only get 20 something channels. Gonna try the amp for that libe alone to see if it makes a difference. I hope so cause I lost tge damn receipt for the amp.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom