• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    That's why I don't have any actual credit cards, because I would never spend money I don't already have anyways.
    If I were to get a credit card, no matter what LoC I qualify for, I would only buy what I already have the money for.
    The money, for that item, would have to be either at home, or in my bank account for me to buy it using a credit card, if I were to have one.
    That is just a habit of mine I guess :P
    Plus they give you rewards, free money when you pay it off every month, and they build your credit score.

Wrenching still, new better shop. Deans tire and auto in Chesterton. Had a 90 minute convo with dean this evening, then 20 more with his shop supervisor on the phone, apparently they spoke after we hung up cuz dean called 5 minutes later with an offer that ROCKS! I start may 6 unless my current employer gets real mad and tosses me out, then I start sooner, lol!
    Sounds good, congratulations.

Spudgunr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2013
    NWI - Porter County
    word of advise.

A CC can be dangerous if you have no self control of your purchases. For example with a credit card you have a line of credit (LoC). So say you have a LoC of $10,000. An on 01 MAY 2013 you get your new CC. Well you can go to town in MAY any buy a Heavy Scar ($3K), a crate of .308 for the heavy scar ($1K for 1K in rounds), McD's every work day (say $7 a day for 20 day; $140), a new handgun H&K .45 ($900) plus ammo for that gun say another $300.

So what are we at now?
    $5340

So come 01 JUN 2013 your CC bill is due. Will you have that amount to send to the CC? If not no problem the CC will be happy that you just give them the min payment (say $100) the rest they will then charge you interested anywhere from 14% to 24% until you pay it off.

THAT IS WHAT GETS PEOPLE IN TROUBLE!!!

You see unlike your debit card which will do a "insufficient funds" when you try to buy the heavy scar at $3K your CC won't say that. Now if you spend over your LoC in a month it will but not until you get to that limit.

The way I do it is I have a CC Savings account. Once I charge something on the CC I move it from my checking into that CC savings account. It sits there until I pay the card off in full each month.

I'm what the CC company calls a deadbeat since I don't make them any more and use my CC perks (cabela's points and now Disney Points).

I agree with this, but if you DO have self control then it can be a wonderful asset. I pay my pending balance every 3 days so my bank account reflects reality. In the past I've had my debit card used fraudulently so they had to cancel it. Oh, but I had just paid several bills with it. Oh wait, that same day after it gets cancelled I find out I need a few hundred dollars to buy something (don't remember if it was a craigslist deal or groceries or what) but I couldn't use my debit card, couldn't withdraw cash, etc.

Also, if it gets stolen and they rack up rediculous charges your bank account will be near 0. So what happens when the autopay for your mortgage kicks in? Or any other bill? Cancel the credit card and I still can pay my bills. The ones on the CC I just switch to debit. I cannot switch my mortgage to the CC, they don't take it.

Raitekk

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   1
    Mar 9, 2013
    Northwest Indiana
    Got my new holster finally! My EDC gear is now complete :D
    :delivery:

QrgKaUW.jpg

I seriously need to get a better camera :facepalm:

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Got my new holster finally! My EDC gear is now complete :D
    :delivery:

QrgKaUW.jpg

I seriously need to get a better camera :facepalm:

Nice holster. Got one for my 1911 with rail. Got a better holster for my Sig though. Most likely will be carrying that, when i get my carry permit. I really need to get working on that, after a couple more things are taken care of. I really need to win the lotto. I have heard that it helps to actually buy tickets in order to win though.

Raitekk

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   1
    Mar 9, 2013
    Northwest Indiana
    Nice holster. Got one for my 1911 with rail. Got a better holster for my Sig though. Most likely will be carrying that, when i get my carry permit. I really need to get working on that, after a couple more things are taken care of. I really need to win the lotto. I have heard that it helps to actually buy tickets in order to win though.

I started my application process for my LTCH the week I turned 18. I got lifetime right off the bat.
    I had my license, in hand, about 4 or 5 weeks after I started everything.
    I went through the online process using the L-1 Identity Solutions thing.

Raitekk

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   1
    Mar 9, 2013
    Northwest Indiana
    My sister was doing some cooking, and I was trying to show her the trick, that when you squeeze and egg a certain way, no matter how hard you squeeze, it wont break.
    Well she didn't do it right, and the egg exploded, and I couldn't help but laugh like crazy as she cleaned it all up off the floor.
    The look of surprise on her face was priceless!
    :laugh: :lmfao:

Last edited:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Decisions, decisions

--backup sump pump--
    Well Hessville Plumbing came out and quoted me $1,245 for the battery backup sump pump. :wow: It sounds like a lot, heck it is a lot, but then again looking at the pump in question it sort of is not alot.

Pump alone is $600
    Battery is $300
    So labor & misc parts is $345
    misc part is a check value, PVC tubing, PVC Y joint, PVC 45 deg joint. Suspect it is $40 to $50 in parts.

I didnot get to talk to the pumber but will have to confirm that the sump is the Zoeller Corporation Aquanot Model 585 (series II) pump. The estimate just said Aquanot Pump. The Series 1 in is anbout $100 less.

Making an apointment with Tiger Plumbing as well to see what they quote but unless it's the same brand of pump it mught be organes to apple comparision.

Anyone ever deal with Zoeller Pump Company Home products?
    The pump looks like a good quality, relaibale pump.

Figure the yearly cost is just going to be a battery replacement every X number of years.

Looking at youtube it does not look hard to install, straight forward approach. Hardest part would be the cutting and putting the Y conncetion on the main PVC for the current sump pump.

Something like this
    sump_pump_08.gif

So it really boils down to is $300 worth the labor?
    And for me I'm leaning towards yes. It's a headache I don't think I want to deal with and would rather let someone who does it daily handle I think.

--Flood Insurance--
    Also talked to my insurance agent. Sadly no discounts for getting a backup sump pump or a new furnance (2010). Also for the 4-1-1 on flooding. So grab a :coffee: as this is a short summary.

1) Water damage to house structure or personal property due to water from river/lake = flooding
    You need Flood Insurance for this; Home owner's insurance does not cover you.

2) Water damage to house structure or personal property due to water from street getting flooded (ie. water backup in sewers/drains and make the street become a river/pond) = flooding
    FEMA/State Agency is the one that classifies this as a flood.
    You need Flood Insurance for this; Home owner's insurance does not cover you.

3) Water damage to house structure or personal property due to water coming in due to sump pump failure = covered under home owner's insurance.

4) Water damage to house structure or personal property due to water coming in from sewer/back flow = covered under home owner's insurance.

5) Water damage to house structure or personal property due to tornado riffing house roof and then rain getting into house = covered under home owner's insurance due to 'wind' damage.

6) Water damage to house structure or personal property due to water coming from cracks in foundation and/or sepeage of foundation walls = NO COVERAGE. This is not an insurable item by state farm as this is maintance on the house.

I don't have flood insurance as it was not required by my lender and becuase I was in flood zone C (Flood Zones | FEMA.gov) which means 0.2% change of annual flooding. Zone A you might have heard as the 100 year flood zone, where every 100 years it floods, Zone B is the 500 year flood zone. Everyone else is Zone C.

So the chances of the little calumet river spilling out and flooding 2.5 miles before getting to me are real slim. Looks like I have a better chance of flooding due to the sewer system by the town.

WAKE UP I'm done!!!!!:D

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    Got an interview for a new position in Gary In, May 6. Same or a little more pay, a lot more hours, more responsibility but opportunity for yearly bonuses. :rockwoot:

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I stopped in Gander Mountain today after getting my new wheel installed. They have a lot of guns. The place is pretty much just a big gun store now. Prices are not too bad either from what I saw.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom