Not open for further replies.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    but if the city water pressure is lost then will the pump still work?
    this whole sump pump idea is foregin to me. when we lived in ec there was no sump pump in the basement/house. i dont recall one growing up. only when we moved to highland did i see one and would hear that beast.

no clue how long this one has been out yet if has been dead for a while meaning im not using what are they there for??

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    Back from JP, sighted in all my AR's for there new optics, finally sighted in the Irons on my new AR's. Also took my savage MK-II with the fluted threaded barrel out, it will shoot the wings off a fly at 50 yards.

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point

:dunno:

download1_zpscf0f3639.jpg

:dunno:

download_zps1dca8b77.jpg

my guess is you'll use this though!! :D

download2_zpse3ed3bff.jpg

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Back from JP, sighted in all my AR's for there new optics, finally sighted in the Irons on my new AR's. Also took my savage MK-II with the fluted threaded barrel out, it will shoot the wings off a fly at 50 yards.
    Would you expect any less from a Savage Mark II? When mine was new, two sight adjustments out of the box and it was dead on.

baddyna96

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    Demotte, IN.
    but if the city water pressure is lost then will the pump still work?
    this whole sump pump idea is foregin to me. when we lived in ec there was no sump pump in the basement/house. i dont recall one growing up. only when we moved to highland did i see one and would hear that beast.

no clue how long this one has been out yet if has been dead for a while meaning im not using what are they there for??
    I don't remember ever losing city water pressure. Don't have to worry about that too much anymore as I'm a Glock totin' south of 30 livin' REDNECK! :rockwoot: Seriously , my brother works at a plumbing supply and tells me that is the way to go. The battery in a backup only lasts so long, then you are s.o.l.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    so main one should be electrical and then backup using city water pressure??
    i do have a geny as my backup to feed the main pump along with other stuff (furnance, fridge).
    so it' not like i use need the battery one to run 24/7. just enough to give me time to setup the geny.

guess i'll have some questions for the plumber tomorrow.

baddyna96

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    Demotte, IN.
    so main one should be electrical and then backup using city water pressure??
    i do have a geny as my backup to feed the main pump along with other stuff (furnance, fridge).
    so it' not like i use need the battery one to run 24/7. just enough to give me time to setup the geny.

guess i'll have some questions for the plumber tomorrow.
    The nice thing about is it will work if you're not home during a flood situation. It just kicks on as a backup without having to worry about battery life.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    I don't remember ever losing city water pressure. Don't have to worry about that too much anymore as I'm a Glock totin' south of 30 livin' REDNECK! :rockwoot: Seriously , my brother works at a plumbing supply and tells me that is the way to go. The battery in a backup only lasts so long, then you are s.o.l.
    Just wonder where the water goes after the water pressure to operate the pump, will it go in the pit? How large of a water line is needed to operate the system? I can understand the limitations of a battery backup system. Even city water has chemicals in it, what is the life of the pump in the system with standing/static water pressure in the pump all the time and if it has filters, how often do they need to be replaced?

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    I don't have a sump. I just manage the water outside to prevent seapage. The only time I got major water was when a city pump house went out and it was coming out of the drains. I run a dehumidifier in the basement.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bikemannc
    Top Bottom