• Status
    Not open for further replies.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Lone... Fakenews is reporting that the transformers on one side of the Boreman just exploded in a series... They were saying four of them on one side all exploded one after the other and the wire dropped on to the expressway and there was some small fires started on the one side. So not sure who is right if it was a car accident or spontaneous booms but it's going to be three times as hard to run the back roads with all this traffic finding another way to get where ever...

Hey you didn't like that shelter... It actually wasn't bad for the wind but still freaking cold so I prefer the suburban anymore...

I do have more raccoons for Jedi though... this little warm up has them out looking for food... I told them Jedi has all the food they could want...

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I was westbound on the Borman, maybe a little less than 1/2 mile from Chase Street when this apparently happened. I saw 2 bright flashes in the air simultaneously over Chase Street, one close to the highway and one a little further south, followed by a third a few seconds later that lit up the fog like lightning. The third arc was on the ground or close to it, The first 2 were at least 30 feet above ground level (measuring fron the overpass ramp), maybe more.

There may have been arcs that preceded what I saw, but the first ones I saw were definitely in the air.

Then I sat there for almost 2.5+ hours. They turned around the cars one-by-one and had them drive east along the inside median back to Grant Street and up the ramp in the reverse direction from normal. What they didn't have was good traffic control to get us onto Grant Street going the right way. Every east-west surface street was packed. Normal 45 minute commute turned into 3.5 hours.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I live south of the Borman and we had a cascade sputter. The breakers at the substation broke and reset 2 or 3 times in about 30 seconds.

Edit: About 15 years ago they replaced the fuses with breakers. It used to take 30 minutes to three days for NIPSCO to restore our power.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    It's like everything else. Takes time to shake out the real story ... or make up a plausible one.

Keep in mind though, not everything is a conspiracy. Sometimes, things just happen.

Yes, sometimes raccoons just randomly show up at Jedi's and sometimes raccoons are dropped off by benefactors who know he likes to shelter them. I hear there may be some Soros hedge fund $ supporting his raccoon sanctuary too. :dunno:

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    It's like everything else. Takes time to shake out the real story ... or make up a plausible one.

Keep in mind though, not everything is a conspiracy. Sometimes, things just happen.

One wonders how the "someone hit the pole" story got started.

BTW- not just "not everything", "almost nothing".

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Well power just went out everywhere around me. (Old ridge and Wisconsin) big police and rescue presence at tas station on corner

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Looks like power was restored around Chase St., there’s power outages everywhere else.

My outage is definitely unrelated to the Chase st outage. Just happened right about 5. Lots of cops, there was fir and ambulance basically 4 houses away at gas station. Didnt hear or see an explosion like a transformer went out. Right in the middle of frying up some yummy Zicks applewood smoked bacon

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Reports are saying a car hit a pole at Wisconsin and old ridge but im less than half a block from there and there definitely isn't from what i see. Took a walk down there and cant see anything out of the ordinary. Nipsco truck parked in that area but doing nothing but idling. Never was a tow truck and fire, rescue, and cops are gone now. Nipsco saying by 8:15 it should be restored but im not holding my breath.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom