• Status
    Not open for further replies.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    This warm weather keeps up and the snow will be gone, Come on spring weather and lower NIPSCO payments.

I’m hoping that the cold weather stays until the end of this month, I want to teach this Boyscout how to deal with cold weather camping. Most of them have never camped out in below freezing temps. The same time last year when we tried it was 60 degrees out :(

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I’m hoping that the cold weather stays until the end of this month, I want to teach this Boyscout how to deal with cold weather camping. Most of them have never camped out in below freezing temps. The same time last year when we tried it was 60 degrees out :(

I took a winter survival course and agree that kids should have some basic experience in cold weather camping.

Hopefully you'll have weather in the upper 20's - low 30's. Cold but not too cold.

Great experience if you can get it.

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    60! 60 sounds excellent! it's kinda cool, they may need a jacket :rockwoot:

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    My buddy's dad was a Scout Leader and always seemed to do one of those arctic trips on the coldest day of the year. He would always tout having the proper gear and such would leave you with no problems.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Its girl scout cookie time again.
    If any one want some boxes of cookies let me know.
    Otherwise my cookie pimp is going to tell mw im not working the sales hard enough. :)

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Maybe!
    I tried to explain to her that many of my cookie co-workers have retired. She told me to find "new clients" cause my sales are down and im making her look bad. :faceplam:

Cookie pimps are evil

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Maybe!
    I tried to explain to her that many of my cookie co-workers have retired. She told me to find "new clients" cause my sales are down and im making her look bad. :faceplam:

Cookie pimps are evil

Does she accept raccoons for currency?

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    A couple years ago, I was at the ISRA range in Bonfield for an Appleseed. It was a balmy 14°F at the start and warmed up to 19°F that afternoon. I remember pulling in that morning and seeing lots of tents on the property. I thought to myself, "The crazies are out." Then I saw a bunch of teenage boys with some adults huddled around a fire. It was a scout troop. They all looked miserable. Gotta give them credit. They were there all weekend.

If they're miserable, they're not doing it right.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Camping out isn't so bad with proper gear. Good tent, even better tarp under, great sleeping bag. That parts easy, it's during the day, running around that is usually the problem

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    I remember campin st a Klondike derby event (imagination Glenn I think) where it was freezing and about a foot of snow on the ground. We prepped well and had a great time. The snow helped a ton with the heat in the tent too.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI

Finally got an answer:

LAS VEGAS, NV – For the last 7 days, we have been receiving a barrage of inquiries from our customers, partners, and industry in general regarding the name Arsenal and our brand. To answer all interested parties, we would like to simply say that Arsenal, Inc. is NOT rebranding.

Rather, we at Arsenal, Inc. are dedicated to bringing to the American market the quality firearms and products that you have come to expect throughout the years. Arsenal, Inc. is excited for 2018, as it continues being a leader in bringing new and innovative products to our customers, which have for many years associated quality and reliability with the Arsenal brand.

Likewise, we welcome the changes being made at Archon Firearms and are looking forward to seeing the new products they bring to the marketplace.

If you would like to keep current on what is new at Arsenal, Inc., please sign up to receive our newsletters and follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. Please also make sure to visit us at Booth # 11217 at the SHOT Show 2018 in Las Vegas, Nevada.

zaxXxon

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 6, 2018
    Cedar Lake
    Nice. Good to hear it. I can't understand how some company's would throw away a brand with all of its hard-fought recognition and following. Does this mean we will have some reasonably priced Strike One and Strike B activity state-side?

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    I remember winter camping... Freaking -2 that weekend and well now I hate anything under 80 degrees...

Fgallery2-6.jpg

t-squared

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 9, 2012
    Crown Point
    I remember winter camping... Freaking -2 that weekend and well now I hate anything under 80 degrees...

Fgallery2-6.jpg

SCREW THAT !!!!

Here's how you should "winter camp" there....

Step 1: set that brush pile ablaze
    Step 2: stand near said fire to stay warm
    Step 3: when fire subsides get back in truck and drive to a hotel

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom