• Status
    Not open for further replies.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Alright Jedi, I don't know how you made it snow again but this just means I'll have to find a possum and a raccoon and get them to mate and pump out a really nasty rendition of a Racsum or something of the sort...

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Ballstater, I oiled up my 22LR guns and put them in the back of the safe about two years ago when the 22 bull started.... when it comes back down to .03 cents a round I'll break them back out and shoot them. Till then I'll reload my 9mm and 38 special and shoot more economically...

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Ballstater, I oiled up my 22LR guns and put them in the back of the safe about two years ago when the 22 bull started.... when it comes back down to .03 cents a round I'll break them back out and shoot them. Till then I'll reload my 9mm and 38 special and shoot more economically...
    You might as well sell them now

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Ballstater with that low of ammo at the beginning of summer I feel for you....

ammo does evaporate, I know as I've seen it with my own old eyes...

Sooooo what do you guys say, is the Lilja 6.5 Grendel barrel worth the 480.00 ?

Melensdad, what you think would be the best break for the 6.5 ?

All I'm seeing is Lilja bbl's available in 6.5, well except some stoners from Midwayusa but I'm not building the rifle to just send lead down range more for putting bullets on top of each other out to 1000 yards...
    I have a Lilja on my Grendel, it was one if the first and was cut with a short throat, but its still a shooter. I went with a Killer Innovations 308 break, but there are 6.5 made by JP, Precision, KI, and others on the market now.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    how are you embedding these videos?
    Bill's example pasted in the the filmstrip window [video]https://youtu.be/aMICD3aMZpw[/video]

Bill's example with the url cut from the browser address bar of the youtube page, pasted in the the filmstrip window.
    [video=youtube;aMICD3aMZpw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMICD3aMZpw&feature=youtu.be[/video]

I have been having trouble embedding from the phone or tablet.

Something to do with the . in the youtube link. I also notice m.youtube doesn't work.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Sooooo I think I'm going to make the LA trip to valpo and shoot at Blythes.... Well not at Blythes but in their firing range.... So if anyone is available I should be down there in about 2 hours....

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Melensdad, what you think would be the best break for the 6.5 ?

All I'm seeing is Lilja bbl's available in 6.5, well except some stoners from Midwayusa but I'm not building the rifle to just send lead down range more for putting bullets on top of each other out to 1000 yards...
    No clue if it is the "best" break but I have a Sabre Defense Gill Break on one of my 6.5 Grendels. The other has no break, and my prior long range grendel had none.

What I know about my "Gill" is that it is great for the shooter but miserable for anyone near me. Even with the little Grendel cartridge it will blow papers and empty cases off of the shooting bench.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Bill's example pasted in the the filmstrip window [video]https://youtu.be/aMICD3aMZpw[/video]

Bill's example with the url cut from the browser address bar of the youtube page, pasted in the the filmstrip window.
    [video=youtube;aMICD3aMZpw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMICD3aMZpw&feature=youtu.be[/video]

I have been having trouble embedding from the phone or tablet.

Something to do with the . in the youtube link. I also notice m.youtube doesn't work.

If you're on a mobile device, on youtube, you have to click on "desktop".
    Then you copy that URL.

hd96heritage

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 15, 2014
    Wheat-tucky
    loaded up 20 rnds of 223 last night. headed down to jp to try them out. wish me luck. if they are good i'll be loading some more tonight. still very new to reloading and nervous. had to send my 300 blk sizing die out to hornady cuz i got a case stuck. and it was the first case, so i won't be testing any 300 blk today.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    :ugh: were you making your own brass? I did that with lee dies in 223. I was able to take the die apart and push it out. I haven't reloaded in a while. I bought two sets of hornady dies 357sig and 300blk. haven't tried them out yet. I sent in for the free locked and loaded .308 projectiles

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Unfortunately the Hornady resizing dies with the depriming pin in them have a knuckle like nut that holds the pin in place and if you get a case stuck in there it won't release the center part that holds the depriming pin. It's a bit tricky to get the case out of there...

Always lube the heck out of the die so you don't have that problem...

Thanks Melensdad, I'm starting to figure out where to get the cash to get this sun devil upper and lower assembled into a 6.5 Grendel....

PS: Shooting was great..... that 8 3/8 inch 586 can really hold a tight group although the front sight took a bit of a learning curve...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom