• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Amattern

Expert
    Rating - 97.1%
    66   2   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Terre Haute, IN
    Any guys in north-west Indiana that could recommend a shooting range/ranges to me? Indoor or out door is fine, rifle and pistol preferred. I will be up that way for a majority of next week and I am looking to do a little shooting with a couple others I am staying with.

Thanks in advance.

cp009

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 75%
    6   2   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    NWI
    Any guys in north-west Indiana that could recommend a shooting range/ranges to me? Indoor or out door is fine, rifle and pistol preferred. I will be up that way for a majority of next week and I am looking to do a little shooting with a couple others I am staying with.

Thanks in advance.

I would recommend Willoslough DNR if the weather permits, but many will say Deb's I honestly find that place to poorly ventilated and the crowd can make you uneasy at times.

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    Blythes has a new range worth looking at, also Deb's in Hammond has good people working there, can't go wrong with either,

PX4me

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Dyer
    Just went to Debs for the first time today. The guys were nice enough and even let me in 10 minutes early. Didn't see Deb, maybe next time. The range fee, target and ammo prices were reasonable.

The range does leave a bit to be desired with regard to light and ventilation (not really enough of either) but it sure is convenient for me and I will definitely be going back.

It's about 30 seconds off of 80/94 on Kennedy going north. Don't blink or you'll pass it by.

PX4me

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Dyer
    It's an OK place for the location (only one in LAKE county). Might I suggest you come meet us at Winamac at the end of the month.

OK works. :):

It's close and bearable, probably because I will be there at opening most days. I'm sure it's a different story if you're there with the riffraff clientele. Don't think I'll be showing up on a Friday or Saturday night or anything. :):

Blythe's is much nicer but it's a lot farther away. By the time I'm done with my 12 mpg round trip it's not nearly as gas-friendly either.

As far as Winamac? I would love to meet you guys and gals but that's a work day for me, so I'm out. Next time do a Saturday will ya?

MML

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2013
    NWI
    You can't go wrong at Blythe's they have an up to date ventilation system with decent lighting and the people are great.

CitiusFortius

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    NWI
    Just went to Debs for the first time today. The guys were nice enough and even let me in 10 minutes early. Didn't see Deb, maybe next time. The range fee, target and ammo prices were reasonable.

Kingsbury is the place to go on a weekday. Its super crowded on weekends. (Although, weather may keep the numbers down)

DNR: Kingsbury

As far as Debs, last year I was at kingsbury, there was a group of 5 or 6 all wearing Debs t-shirts. In fairness, i do not know for sure if they are affiliated.

But one of the guys was just berating a 10-12 year old kid for forgetting something. The other guys joined in mocking the kid.

Left a VERY bad taste in my mouth. Again - dont know for sure the relationship with debs, but like it or not, they were certainly repping the brand.

7urtle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    hammond
    debs is nice because its close. i prefer blythe because i can shoot the shotgun and shop. kingsbury is nice although the range master was rude. fellow shooter gave me tips on my mosin

toomuchfun57

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 17, 2012
    I like Blythes for indoor pistol range, I guess I may be one of the few that does`nt like Kingsbury, I find the RO overbearing there. I much prefer Winimac or JP

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    Another vote for winamac. It's a bit of a drive from me, but any full on range day where I'll spend any amount of time, winamac is my fav choice.

PX4me

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Dyer
    All Northwest Indiana shooters should pitch in and buy some land in Lake County so we can build our own outdoor range :D

Outdoor would definitely be cheaper but indoor would be nicer for year round shooting.

Not sure what it would cost to get an outdoor up and running but an indoor is a few million easy. (I've actually looked into it)

You've got the property, the building, the actual range (which is way more expensive than I though it would be), insurance, hazardous materials clean-up (the lead from the bullets), an FFL if you're going to sell guns, employees to pay... the list goes on.

So how much are you willing to put up? I'd have to hit the lotto to take the plunge.

Midskier

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 25, 2012
    NWI IL/IN BORDER
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Seven High
    Midwest Gun & Range
    128 Rush Ct.
    Elkhart, IN
    574-293-2030

Elkhart isn't in Northwest Indiana today...

no, no it's not, but it's always been worth the drive each time we've been here - plus we can shoot handgun and long guns here :) - (95+miles one way from st john)
    besides if I take the fam to blythes we end up dropping another $60+ @ industrial revolution for dinner ............

Amattern

Expert
    Rating - 97.1%
    66   2   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Terre Haute, IN
    Thanks everyone. Ended up going to Blythes in Valpo today. Didnt get to shoot rifles like we wanted to but got to shoot some handguns and my new remington 11-87 police! :D

Top Bottom