• Is Nutnfancy...

• Total voters

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I’m not going to vote because I do watch him at least weekly.

Is Nutnfancy a little weird? Yes. Does Nutnfancy carry around too much junk? Yes (A fanny pack... really?.. Guess you can’t fault him for not being prepared.) Does Nutnfancy say “dude” way too much? Heck yes.

What you cannot argue is his production value and broad spectrum of items reviewed, maybe even one of the best selections on Youtube.

I value his reviews and opinions. If he thinks something is garbage he’s going to tell you. Is Nutnfancy over the top a lot of the times? Yes, but I’m watching him for entertainment value a lot of the times so this doesn’t matter to me. I have purchased several items (Kershaw Skyline, Glock 26, etc) after watching his videos and have never been disappointed.

Some of my favorite videos of his are his outdoor adventure videos, because we just don’t have scenery like that here in Indiana. YouTube - nutnfancy's Channel

Everyone that produces content is going to have haters.

I agree 100%. :yesway:

I bought a couple of things after his reviews and couldnt be happier

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I've yet to see one of his videos. I hardly use YouTube anyway.

Before I buy anything, I do my research here on INGO. IMO, that's better than using any other place.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    What's your favorite NutNFancy video? Or maybe his "best", in your opinion? I don't mind giving him another shot.

My favorite or best? :dunno:
    Its hard to just have one, I watched hundreds of his videos (I think I saw them all, lots of them more than once) since I subscribed to his channel over two years ago.
    I like the guy a lot, I contacted him a few times over the years and he always answered my questions with quality answers and took the time to thank me for my support to the project. :yesway:

Here is a few among my favorites:

"Concept U.S.K. surviving urban disasters" (3 parts of 45 minutes! :D)

"The concealed carry protocol" (everyone who carries should watch this)

"Dangerous things"

"Gun free, death pay" (he talks about gun free zones, very serious topic)

"Level one First aid kit" (a must have, its part of my EDC)

"Teach your kids to shoot" (all parents gun owners should watch!)

"Gun safety"

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    I will give him this, his reviews are easier to watch than milspec monkeys(coke much?) but he does always seem to have this look on his face when you see it as if he just pooped himself and just smelled it. if he just did his reviews without referencing "the haters" his vids would be half the length they are.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I'm not a big fan of the "Dudes" and the "Onces" as he preaches.

How can you say that dude?! :D
    You got to watch the onces on your EDC or you will end up carrying pounds dude.

But I understand that your mileage may vary ie your own opinion. ;)

Come one I love then way he talks, its part of the fun. :rolleyes:

Nakatomi

Tactically Cool
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I think he is intelligent and has good opinions, but for the love of God I do not have the patience to wait for him to get to them. The rambling invariably makes me hit the stop button after a minute or two. He can say the same sentence 10 different ways. lol

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Come on, the Jersey Shore is awesome. Yeah I know that its not in purple.

Back to Nutnfancy, I dont hate him, I watch his videos but I dont subscribe or consider myself a fan. But how about instead of talking smack about him, just go ahead and get a camera and do your own reviews and do a better job. Post them up on youtube and we will all watch them.

Its pretty easy to attack someone you dont know for doing something that you probably cant do any better or even as well.

So because I can't do any better than him, that validates his opinions and quality? I can't sing as well as Justin Bieber, but that doesn't make him any good either. I'm glad that nutnfancy is so popular, maybe he'll get more people interested in firearms and knives. That said, I still can't stand him. Carry on.

Bluedragon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    Personally I think he's a douche.. but that's just my opinion. Also the youtube user that claims to be his sister is a real ****.

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    Personally I like his knife reviews better than his gun reviews. I've made some of my best production knife purchasing decisions based heavily on his knife reviews and prevented myself from blowing a couple hundred bucks on the Tom Brown Tracker knife after seeing his review on it.

His one review on an axe as a survival tool was a total fail but hey, he's a pilot not a lumberjack so I can forgive him for that one. I still wonder how he biffed that one after all the time he has put into chopping with knives and didn't transfer the knowledge but oh well....

GeneralCarver

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2010
    Northern Indiana
    I'm not voting either of those, I don't think Nut'n is that bad. I have watched a lot of his videos and find them to be somewhat entertaining and informative. He does not go into great technical depth about the firearms he reviews. He seems to focus on the end user experience. And there is a place for that. I think he is good for people who don't know much about firearms and are thinking about buying something which he has done a video on.

And I can't criticize him on being a mall ninja, since I am a bit of a mall ninja myself. To each his own. Nut'n is original and has his own personality/style. He is a friendly, optimistic guy and you can't fault him for that. And his dog is totally cute.

My prediction is that we are going to see Nut'n get into the shooting industry gear review professionally. It might be a few years, but few have done on an amateur level what he has, to the level he has, with as much passion has he has, and with the professional/respectful attitude he has. I think we'll see this guy as an editor, or maybe on a webisode or t.v. show in the gun/gear industry in a few years.

That said, he can be a little annoying. He's got a unique personality, but I really respect him because he is well meaning, professional and positive, and is a concerned/informed citizen. He seems to have a good family life too. You kind of have to get use to him, and after awhile all those "dudes.." will go by unnoticed. lol. I'd give him a grade of B. I think he's got potential to work in the industry.

One thing that kind of shocked me is how much he reveals about his family life, showing his wife/kids on video etc. I would be scared to do that. I value my privacy. Also, he shows what and how HE carries, which will be useful to any stalker or weird-o intent on causing him harm. If I did a video on Every Day Carry system, I would not revel what I use. I would do a general introduction and show options available and point out possible considerations to people.

Last edited:

DanO

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    NW IN
    I have watched some of his stuff on Youtube because he is so friggin' prolific. I do think he is a little full of himself, but who else spends all of their waking hours buying new gear and filming themselves with it? Should be no surprise. I have found some of the stuff informing, but he takes a long time to get to the point. Dude.

40calPUNISHER

Master
    Rating - 99.1%
    116   1   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    What a douche... Jump ahead to the 5:00 min mark.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUbZXMOk-Hc"]YouTube - Benchmade 950 RIFT: "Osborne Greatness" by Nutnfancy[/ame]

Top Bottom